Tumble dryer causes building fire on New Drove in Wisbech

PUBLISHED: 12:06 05 March 2019 | UPDATED: 12:11 05 March 2019

Tumble dryer causes building fire on New Drove in Wisbech. Picture: CAMBS FIRE.

Tumble dryer causes building fire on New Drove in Wisbech. Picture: CAMBS FIRE.

Archant

What started out as a tumble dryer fire quickly escalated when the blaze spread to a nearby building on Monday morning.

Firefighters from Wisbech were called to the scene on New Drove in the town at around 9.50am on Monday, March 4.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Crews arrived to find a tumble dryer fire had spread to a building.

“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, before returning to their stations by 11.10am.”

Crews say that the cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Wisbech Standard