Splash of rainbow colour as Wisbech hosts annual Brinks Colour Run
- Credit: Archant
A rush of energy saw Wisbech turn all the colours of the rainbow for the annual Brinks Colour Run.
More than 200 people wearing special event t-shirts - some even in fancy dress - completed the 5km course lined with 'colour splashers' who threw bright powder over them.
Volunteers from the Three Counties Running Club helped organise the run which was in aid of the Angles Theatre in Wisbech.
Keavey Nelson, from TinFish Communications who were behind the event, said it was their biggest turnout to date.
"Everyone had a great time and all the family could take part in the day," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"The course itself covers four-and-a-half laps of Wisbech Town Park.
"Plans for next year are already underway and we are hoping that it will continue to grow in popularity."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Music, commentary, face painting and refreshments were also part of the event on May 19.
Competitors ranged from toddlers to teenagers, and even some grandparents who all finished covered in multi-coloured powders.