Splash of rainbow colour as Wisbech hosts annual Brinks Colour Run
- Credit: Archant
A rush of energy saw Wisbech turn all the colours of the rainbow for the annual Brinks Colour Run.
More than 200 people wearing special event t-shirts - some even in fancy dress - completed the 5km course lined with 'colour splashers' who threw bright powder over them.
Volunteers from the Three Counties Running Club helped organise the run which was in aid of the Angles Theatre in Wisbech.
Keavey Nelson, from TinFish Communications who were behind the event, said it was their biggest turnout to date.
"Everyone had a great time and all the family could take part in the day," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"The course itself covers four-and-a-half laps of Wisbech Town Park.
"Plans for next year are already underway and we are hoping that it will continue to grow in popularity."
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 10 Illegal anglers spotted across Cambs during close season clampdown
Music, commentary, face painting and refreshments were also part of the event on May 19.
Competitors ranged from toddlers to teenagers, and even some grandparents who all finished covered in multi-coloured powders.