Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons present £1,045.50 cheque to Tapping House
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons presented a cheque for £1,045.50 to Andrew Hawkins, of Tapping House at the brewery’s Christmas event on Sunday.
A raffle and ‘guess the weight of the cake’ competition helped to raise £146 towards the total. Prizes included Christmas cakes and a Christmas pudding which was made and donated by Sheila Wright, of Sutton St James.
Items were also donated by Elgood’s, RM Plater Family Butcher and stallholders at the craft fair.
Fundraising for Tapping House took place throughout the year, with £420 raised at the May and September craft fairs and £277.50 raised from a raffle at Wisbech Jazz Club on Father’s Day.
Jessica Walker, of the hospice, said: “Everyone at Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House is extremely grateful for the continued support provided by the staff and visitors at Elgood’s Brewery.
You may also want to watch:
“All the funds raised go directly to providing vital care to people with life-limiting illnesses in the local community.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47