Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons present £1,045.50 cheque to Tapping House
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons presented a cheque for £1,045.50 to Andrew Hawkins, of Tapping House at the brewery’s Christmas event on Sunday.
A raffle and ‘guess the weight of the cake’ competition helped to raise £146 towards the total. Prizes included Christmas cakes and a Christmas pudding which was made and donated by Sheila Wright, of Sutton St James.
Items were also donated by Elgood’s, RM Plater Family Butcher and stallholders at the craft fair.
Fundraising for Tapping House took place throughout the year, with £420 raised at the May and September craft fairs and £277.50 raised from a raffle at Wisbech Jazz Club on Father’s Day.
Jessica Walker, of the hospice, said: “Everyone at Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House is extremely grateful for the continued support provided by the staff and visitors at Elgood’s Brewery.
You may also want to watch:
“All the funds raised go directly to providing vital care to people with life-limiting illnesses in the local community.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening