Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons present £1,045.50 cheque to Tapping House
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons presented a cheque for £1,045.50 to Andrew Hawkins, of Tapping House at the brewery’s Christmas event on Sunday.
A raffle and ‘guess the weight of the cake’ competition helped to raise £146 towards the total. Prizes included Christmas cakes and a Christmas pudding which was made and donated by Sheila Wright, of Sutton St James.
Items were also donated by Elgood’s, RM Plater Family Butcher and stallholders at the craft fair.
Fundraising for Tapping House took place throughout the year, with £420 raised at the May and September craft fairs and £277.50 raised from a raffle at Wisbech Jazz Club on Father’s Day.
Jessica Walker, of the hospice, said: “Everyone at Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House is extremely grateful for the continued support provided by the staff and visitors at Elgood’s Brewery.
You may also want to watch:
“All the funds raised go directly to providing vital care to people with life-limiting illnesses in the local community.”
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began