Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons present £1,045.50 cheque to Tapping House
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons presented a cheque for £1,045.50 to Andrew Hawkins, of Tapping House at the brewery’s Christmas event on Sunday.
A raffle and ‘guess the weight of the cake’ competition helped to raise £146 towards the total. Prizes included Christmas cakes and a Christmas pudding which was made and donated by Sheila Wright, of Sutton St James.
Items were also donated by Elgood’s, RM Plater Family Butcher and stallholders at the craft fair.
Fundraising for Tapping House took place throughout the year, with £420 raised at the May and September craft fairs and £277.50 raised from a raffle at Wisbech Jazz Club on Father’s Day.
Jessica Walker, of the hospice, said: “Everyone at Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House is extremely grateful for the continued support provided by the staff and visitors at Elgood’s Brewery.
“All the funds raised go directly to providing vital care to people with life-limiting illnesses in the local community.”
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash