Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons present £1,045.50 cheque to Tapping House
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech brewers Elgood & Sons presented a cheque for £1,045.50 to Andrew Hawkins, of Tapping House at the brewery’s Christmas event on Sunday.
A raffle and ‘guess the weight of the cake’ competition helped to raise £146 towards the total. Prizes included Christmas cakes and a Christmas pudding which was made and donated by Sheila Wright, of Sutton St James.
Items were also donated by Elgood’s, RM Plater Family Butcher and stallholders at the craft fair.
Fundraising for Tapping House took place throughout the year, with £420 raised at the May and September craft fairs and £277.50 raised from a raffle at Wisbech Jazz Club on Father’s Day.
Jessica Walker, of the hospice, said: “Everyone at Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House is extremely grateful for the continued support provided by the staff and visitors at Elgood’s Brewery.
You may also want to watch:
“All the funds raised go directly to providing vital care to people with life-limiting illnesses in the local community.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021