Wisbech brewer wins top honours at international beer challenge for Golden Newt
WISBECH brewers Elgood s has won a bronze medal for Golden Newt in The International Beer Challenge this year held in Germany. This competition is open to all brewers and is the world s largest bottled beer competition; over 30 expert judges from the in
WISBECH brewers Elgood's has won a bronze medal for 'Golden Newt' in The International Beer Challenge this year held in Germany.
This competition is open to all brewers and is the world's largest bottled beer competition; over 30 expert judges from the international beer industry blind tasted 300 beers.
Terry Stork, Elgood's trade director, said: "This a fantastic achievement for Elgood's to be recognised in this way by our peers, and to gain bronze in such a prestigious contest.
"Golden Newt recently won The Eastern Region Champion Bottle Beer Competition, held by the Society of Independent Brewers Assoc' (SIBA) and because of this it was automatically entered into this challenge.
You may also want to watch:
"Elgood's Golden Newt is brewed from finest quality East Anglian malted barley with a blend of malt wheat, amber malt and English fuggle and golding hops. The fine hop aroma is from American Cascade hops (Golden Newt is named after the colony of Great Crested Newts residing in the brewery gardens."
He added: "Please raise a glass and enjoy!
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success