Wisbech brewer wins top honours at international beer challenge for Golden Newt
WISBECH brewers Elgood s has won a bronze medal for Golden Newt in The International Beer Challenge this year held in Germany. This competition is open to all brewers and is the world s largest bottled beer competition; over 30 expert judges from the in
WISBECH brewers Elgood's has won a bronze medal for 'Golden Newt' in The International Beer Challenge this year held in Germany.
This competition is open to all brewers and is the world's largest bottled beer competition; over 30 expert judges from the international beer industry blind tasted 300 beers.
Terry Stork, Elgood's trade director, said: "This a fantastic achievement for Elgood's to be recognised in this way by our peers, and to gain bronze in such a prestigious contest.
"Golden Newt recently won The Eastern Region Champion Bottle Beer Competition, held by the Society of Independent Brewers Assoc' (SIBA) and because of this it was automatically entered into this challenge.
You may also want to watch:
"Elgood's Golden Newt is brewed from finest quality East Anglian malted barley with a blend of malt wheat, amber malt and English fuggle and golding hops. The fine hop aroma is from American Cascade hops (Golden Newt is named after the colony of Great Crested Newts residing in the brewery gardens."
He added: "Please raise a glass and enjoy!
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure