Wisbech branch of The Nottingham supports local foodbank
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech estate agent is supporting the town’s foodbank by acting as a collection point for donations of food and toiletries to go into emergency packs.
The Nottingham Building Society and Harrison Murray Estate Agency, known as The Nottingham, will give donations to the foodbank at Hill Street Baptist Church.
The church is part of The Trussell Trust, a charity that hands out over a million three-day emergency food supplies nationally each year to people in crisis.
David Boyce, building society branch manager, said: “There is a growing problem of balancing the budget at home and more and more families are facing hunger and poverty.
“At The Nottingham we pride ourselves on supporting our local communities and this is a practical way we can make a real difference.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like anyone who can help to donate tinned food, pasta, tea, coffee or toiletries, but any non-perishable items would be welcome.”
The collection box is available throughout August and September.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family