Silverware aplenty for bowls club on finals day
- Credit: Alexandra Road Bowls Club
A bowls club came together as they toasted their finals day at the weekend with silverware.
Alexandra Road Bowls Club in Wisbech crowned singles, pairs, triples and couples' competition winner during the event on Sunday, September 5, from 9.30am till 7.30pm.
Club chairman Perry Hall, who beat Mick Clark in the singles semi-final, beat David Hodgson in the showpiece match.
Hall also came out on top in the pairs competition alongside Clark, while Candy Mayers, Jason Weedon and Clark won the triples crown.
Richard Booty, who lost in the singles’ competition, won the couples title with partner Kaye Nash.
Meanwhile, the plate competition winner was Ken Jones.
Players were provided with bacon rolls, tea and coffee in the morning ahead of the day’s action, followed by lunch in the early afternoon before the finals took place.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
A barbecue and tea also took place in the evening ahead of the presentation of trophies.