Silverware aplenty for bowls club on finals day
- Credit: Alexandra Road Bowls Club
A bowls club came together as they toasted their finals day at the weekend with silverware.
Alexandra Road Bowls Club in Wisbech crowned singles, pairs, triples and couples' competition winner during the event on Sunday, September 5, from 9.30am till 7.30pm.
Club chairman Perry Hall, who beat Mick Clark in the singles semi-final, beat David Hodgson in the showpiece match.
Hall also came out on top in the pairs competition alongside Clark, while Candy Mayers, Jason Weedon and Clark won the triples crown.
Richard Booty, who lost in the singles’ competition, won the couples title with partner Kaye Nash.
Meanwhile, the plate competition winner was Ken Jones.
Players were provided with bacon rolls, tea and coffee in the morning ahead of the day’s action, followed by lunch in the early afternoon before the finals took place.
- 1 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 2 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 3 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
- 4 Pictures show major lorry blaze on A16 near Cambridgeshire
- 5 Roads minister and North East Cambs MP open £17m Guyhirn roundabout
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 ‘It’s virtually impossible to register with an NHS dentist’ - people struggling to pay for dental care
- 9 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
- 10 'I see it as an opportunity' - care staff praise rehab centre's welcome culture
A barbecue and tea also took place in the evening ahead of the presentation of trophies.