WISBECH: Bishop of Ely opens extension to local primary school
THE Bishop of Ely, the Right Rev Dr Anthony Russell visited Wisbech to attend the official opening of a new extension to St Peter s Church of England Junior School. He was joined by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathon Farmer and Mrs Sus
THE Bishop of Ely, the Right Rev Dr Anthony Russell visited Wisbech to attend the official opening of a new extension to St Peter's Church of England Junior School.
He was joined by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathon Farmer and Mrs Susanah Farmer, Fenland District Council Chairman Councillor Bernard Keane and chairman of the governors Canon Wim Zwalf.
Head teacher Judith Skelton explained that the extension, which has taken seven months to complete, has been named The Canon Zwalf Centre for Excellence in honour of Canon Zwalf who has been chairman of the governors for 18 years.
The extension includes an IT suite, the second for the school, and a new staff room with a place for staff to socialise and relax.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Skelton said everyone was delighted with the extension which would give the school a chance to expand the curriculum and the staff to have a pleasant and relaxing place for themselves.
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs