WISBECH: Bishop of Ely opens extension to local primary school
THE Bishop of Ely, the Right Rev Dr Anthony Russell visited Wisbech to attend the official opening of a new extension to St Peter s Church of England Junior School. He was joined by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathon Farmer and Mrs Sus
THE Bishop of Ely, the Right Rev Dr Anthony Russell visited Wisbech to attend the official opening of a new extension to St Peter's Church of England Junior School.
He was joined by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathon Farmer and Mrs Susanah Farmer, Fenland District Council Chairman Councillor Bernard Keane and chairman of the governors Canon Wim Zwalf.
Head teacher Judith Skelton explained that the extension, which has taken seven months to complete, has been named The Canon Zwalf Centre for Excellence in honour of Canon Zwalf who has been chairman of the governors for 18 years.
The extension includes an IT suite, the second for the school, and a new staff room with a place for staff to socialise and relax.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Skelton said everyone was delighted with the extension which would give the school a chance to expand the curriculum and the staff to have a pleasant and relaxing place for themselves.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election