WISBECH: Bishop of Ely opens extension to local primary school
THE Bishop of Ely, the Right Rev Dr Anthony Russell visited Wisbech to attend the official opening of a new extension to St Peter s Church of England Junior School. He was joined by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathon Farmer and Mrs Sus
THE Bishop of Ely, the Right Rev Dr Anthony Russell visited Wisbech to attend the official opening of a new extension to St Peter's Church of England Junior School.
He was joined by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathon Farmer and Mrs Susanah Farmer, Fenland District Council Chairman Councillor Bernard Keane and chairman of the governors Canon Wim Zwalf.
Head teacher Judith Skelton explained that the extension, which has taken seven months to complete, has been named The Canon Zwalf Centre for Excellence in honour of Canon Zwalf who has been chairman of the governors for 18 years.
The extension includes an IT suite, the second for the school, and a new staff room with a place for staff to socialise and relax.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Skelton said everyone was delighted with the extension which would give the school a chance to expand the curriculum and the staff to have a pleasant and relaxing place for themselves.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary