WISBECH: Big showcase of events to welcome town's library to temporary home
A SHOWCASE of events has been organised to welcome people to Wisbech Library s temporary home as work continues to transform the permanent building into more modern and spacious facilities.The library at The Crescent will be closed for around a year whil
A SHOWCASE of events has been organised to welcome people to Wisbech Library's temporary home as work continues to transform the permanent building into more modern and spacious facilities.
The library at The Crescent will be closed for around a year while work is carried out on the £2.5 million project.
Staff, stock and a complete range of services have transferred to a temporary building, the Queen Mary Centre, in Queens Road.
The events on Thursday, December 11, will showcase all the services on offer in the Queen Mary Centre, including:
You may also want to watch:
n Fenland Family History Society - on hand to help with historical enquiries from 10.00 am-12.00 pm, with on-going help from the Local Studies Librarian Alison England, from 2.00-4.00 pm
n Local/Family History display
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
n Christmas stories and rhymes for children, with Children's Librarian Louise Aldridge, at 2.00 pm
·Christmas crafts for children at 3.30 pm
n Prize Draw - all library members who visit the events will be entered
n Opportunities to view library on-line services and hear more about Library computers
n A chance to join the new Friends of Wisbech Library group
n Tea and coffee available throughout the day
In addition to the Queen Mary Centre facilities, a mobile Library will be available every Thursday in the Market Square, from 9.30 am-4.00 pm.
Wisbech Library is being extended and remodelled at ground and first floor level, and will include a new learning centre, a community meeting room and better facilities throughout - more room for children, new toilets and a lift.
The Big Lottery provided £2 million towards the project with the rest of the funding from Cambridgeshire County Council.