WISBECH: Best set of exams ever for students at Wisbech Grammar School
HIGH-flying sixth form students have notched up the best ever set of top-grade A Level results in the history of Wisbech Grammar School. The overall percentage of passes at the top two grades – A and B – was 70 per cent and this represented a significant
HIGH-flying sixth form students have notched up the best ever set of top-grade A Level results in the history of Wisbech Grammar School.
The overall percentage of passes at the top two grades - A and B - was 70 per cent and this represented a significant improvement on the previous best of 65 per cent.
A similar step-up in performance was revealed in the top three grades - A, B and C - with the pass rate at this level of 90 per cent showing a leap of seven per cent above the previous best figure.
Eight students gained four A grade passes, including Henry Rosier (18), who captained all three of the boys' first teams - rugby, hockey and cricket - and Lois Overvoorde obtained five top grades.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster Mr Nicholas Hammond said: "Overall this is a very good, consistent set of figures and there has been excellence across all the subject areas. The general picture is that we are absolutely delighted. These are the best results achieved at the school since the introduction of Curriculum 2000."
He added that 81 per cent of the AS grades achieved by the lower sixth form had been As, Bs or Cs. This matched the previous best recorded in 2001 and it boded well for the A Level results next year.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
A level pass rate A-C 90per cent
AS level pass rate A-C 81per cent
A level pass rate A-E 98.6per cent
AS level pass rate A-E 96per cent