WISBECH: Best set of exams ever for students at Wisbech Grammar School
HIGH-flying sixth form students have notched up the best ever set of top-grade A Level results in the history of Wisbech Grammar School. The overall percentage of passes at the top two grades – A and B – was 70 per cent and this represented a significant
HIGH-flying sixth form students have notched up the best ever set of top-grade A Level results in the history of Wisbech Grammar School.
The overall percentage of passes at the top two grades - A and B - was 70 per cent and this represented a significant improvement on the previous best of 65 per cent.
A similar step-up in performance was revealed in the top three grades - A, B and C - with the pass rate at this level of 90 per cent showing a leap of seven per cent above the previous best figure.
Eight students gained four A grade passes, including Henry Rosier (18), who captained all three of the boys' first teams - rugby, hockey and cricket - and Lois Overvoorde obtained five top grades.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster Mr Nicholas Hammond said: "Overall this is a very good, consistent set of figures and there has been excellence across all the subject areas. The general picture is that we are absolutely delighted. These are the best results achieved at the school since the introduction of Curriculum 2000."
He added that 81 per cent of the AS grades achieved by the lower sixth form had been As, Bs or Cs. This matched the previous best recorded in 2001 and it boded well for the A Level results next year.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
A level pass rate A-C 90per cent
AS level pass rate A-C 81per cent
A level pass rate A-E 98.6per cent
AS level pass rate A-E 96per cent