Crowds soak up the sunshine with an afternoon of music at Wisbech bandstand
- Credit: Archant
Crowds enjoyed music and sunshine when the Wisbech bandstand played host to rock ‘n roll for the afternoon.
The event is the second musical medley to entertain for free in the town’s park and already the next is planed for Sunday September 23 with a band called Swat We Do.
Krusty Whiskas took to the stage while people sang along, swayed and danced.
A spokesman for Friend of Wisbech Bandstand Facebook page, said: “What makes it all worth while, is seeing so many people enjoy a couple of hours, just relaxing with family and friends.
“We have so many good positive remarks and feedback from so many people. It’s brilliant. What a great day.”
You may also want to watch:
A family who came along to enjoy the music said: “It was a pleasure for us to be there. The weather, music and community was very good. I hope next time more people join us for a happy dance.”
Random Radio presenters were on good form dancing with the public while a party goer asked if they could hold a karoke in the park at a future event.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 4 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
During the afternoon a children’s colouring competition was held with winners Evie nominated as ‘most expressive’, Alicia awarded sweetest and neatest, Shelby was most creative while Kevinaz captured great surroundings by including trees, clouds in the sky and the band’s car.