Crowds soak up the sunshine with an afternoon of music at Wisbech bandstand
- Credit: Archant
Crowds enjoyed music and sunshine when the Wisbech bandstand played host to rock ‘n roll for the afternoon.
The event is the second musical medley to entertain for free in the town’s park and already the next is planed for Sunday September 23 with a band called Swat We Do.
Krusty Whiskas took to the stage while people sang along, swayed and danced.
A spokesman for Friend of Wisbech Bandstand Facebook page, said: “What makes it all worth while, is seeing so many people enjoy a couple of hours, just relaxing with family and friends.
“We have so many good positive remarks and feedback from so many people. It’s brilliant. What a great day.”
A family who came along to enjoy the music said: “It was a pleasure for us to be there. The weather, music and community was very good. I hope next time more people join us for a happy dance.”
Random Radio presenters were on good form dancing with the public while a party goer asked if they could hold a karoke in the park at a future event.
- 1 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 2 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 3 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 4 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
During the afternoon a children’s colouring competition was held with winners Evie nominated as ‘most expressive’, Alicia awarded sweetest and neatest, Shelby was most creative while Kevinaz captured great surroundings by including trees, clouds in the sky and the band’s car.