Crowds soak up the sunshine with an afternoon of music at Wisbech bandstand
- Credit: Archant
Crowds enjoyed music and sunshine when the Wisbech bandstand played host to rock ‘n roll for the afternoon.
The event is the second musical medley to entertain for free in the town’s park and already the next is planed for Sunday September 23 with a band called Swat We Do.
Krusty Whiskas took to the stage while people sang along, swayed and danced.
A spokesman for Friend of Wisbech Bandstand Facebook page, said: “What makes it all worth while, is seeing so many people enjoy a couple of hours, just relaxing with family and friends.
“We have so many good positive remarks and feedback from so many people. It’s brilliant. What a great day.”
You may also want to watch:
A family who came along to enjoy the music said: “It was a pleasure for us to be there. The weather, music and community was very good. I hope next time more people join us for a happy dance.”
Random Radio presenters were on good form dancing with the public while a party goer asked if they could hold a karoke in the park at a future event.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 8 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 9 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run
- 10 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
During the afternoon a children’s colouring competition was held with winners Evie nominated as ‘most expressive’, Alicia awarded sweetest and neatest, Shelby was most creative while Kevinaz captured great surroundings by including trees, clouds in the sky and the band’s car.