Free concert woos the audience at Wisbech Bandstand with first of a series of summer performances
- Credit: Archant
First of the season afternoon concerts in the park took place at Wisbech Bandstand on Sunday.
A beautiful sunny day saw a good crowd come and listen to the first of a free series of concerts planned by volunteers throughout the summer.
One happy visitor reported: "It was special for me because after a lengthy stay in hospital and more time spent convalescing at home, it was nice to get out and meet and catch up with old friends.
"Meeting old friends in a great relaxed atmosphere with some good music make these events really worthwhile."
She added: "I looked around and saw so many people obviously enjoying themselves, I then realised that bringing people together is what these events are all about and I am so proud to be part of the team who are making this happen"
You may also want to watch:
Event organisers said they were grateful for sponsors who had helped allow the event to happen.
Magpas air ambulance got a boost, too, with £172 raised from a bucket collection.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Next month, and in recognition of the World War 2 invasion of Normandy in June 1944 (Operation Overlord). Friends of Wisbech Bandstand are to present a military themed event on June 16 from 2pm. It will include a performance from Marham Military Wives choir.