Free concert woos the audience at Wisbech Bandstand with first of a series of summer performances
- Credit: Archant
First of the season afternoon concerts in the park took place at Wisbech Bandstand on Sunday.
A beautiful sunny day saw a good crowd come and listen to the first of a free series of concerts planned by volunteers throughout the summer.
One happy visitor reported: "It was special for me because after a lengthy stay in hospital and more time spent convalescing at home, it was nice to get out and meet and catch up with old friends.
"Meeting old friends in a great relaxed atmosphere with some good music make these events really worthwhile."
She added: "I looked around and saw so many people obviously enjoying themselves, I then realised that bringing people together is what these events are all about and I am so proud to be part of the team who are making this happen"
You may also want to watch:
Event organisers said they were grateful for sponsors who had helped allow the event to happen.
Magpas air ambulance got a boost, too, with £172 raised from a bucket collection.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
Next month, and in recognition of the World War 2 invasion of Normandy in June 1944 (Operation Overlord). Friends of Wisbech Bandstand are to present a military themed event on June 16 from 2pm. It will include a performance from Marham Military Wives choir.