Wisbech ASBO woman jailed after urinating in public
A WOMAN who urinated in public has been put behind bars.
Elaine Bates was twice caught on CCTV with her trousers down outside the New Look store in Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre.
The 44-year-old was given an ASBO after she banged on people’s front doors to beg for money and later became abusive to police officers who arrested her.
She was sentenced to 18 weeks in jail at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court after four breaches of an interim ASBO and a breach of a suspended prison sentence.
Sergeant Dave Bax said: “The police are very pleased court has sentenced this person to imprisonment for breaking an ASBO.”
Bates was subject to a previous ASBO until March 18, when the order expired.
On March 31 this year she was said to be under the influence of alcohol when she was seen to wee in public.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 3 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 4 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 10 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
The next day she caused a nuisance by trying to get into the Costcutter store in Wisbech St Mary.
And two days after that, she knocked on the door of a house at 11.30pm to try and get in and ask for money.
In the past, Bates reportedly asked members of the public for alcohol in the street.
The terms of her current ASBO ban her from being in Wisbech town centre unless she is attending statutory appointments.
She is also prevented from asking people for alcoholic drinks, knocking on doors and entering private property. Bates must also not act in an abusive, threatening or harassing manner in Fenland.
A full hearing to establish the terms of Bates’ full ASBO is due to be heard today (Friday, July 9).