Wisbech ASBO woman jailed after urinating in public
A WOMAN who urinated in public has been put behind bars.
Elaine Bates was twice caught on CCTV with her trousers down outside the New Look store in Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre.
The 44-year-old was given an ASBO after she banged on people’s front doors to beg for money and later became abusive to police officers who arrested her.
She was sentenced to 18 weeks in jail at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court after four breaches of an interim ASBO and a breach of a suspended prison sentence.
Sergeant Dave Bax said: “The police are very pleased court has sentenced this person to imprisonment for breaking an ASBO.”
You may also want to watch:
Bates was subject to a previous ASBO until March 18, when the order expired.
On March 31 this year she was said to be under the influence of alcohol when she was seen to wee in public.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
The next day she caused a nuisance by trying to get into the Costcutter store in Wisbech St Mary.
And two days after that, she knocked on the door of a house at 11.30pm to try and get in and ask for money.
In the past, Bates reportedly asked members of the public for alcohol in the street.
The terms of her current ASBO ban her from being in Wisbech town centre unless she is attending statutory appointments.
She is also prevented from asking people for alcoholic drinks, knocking on doors and entering private property. Bates must also not act in an abusive, threatening or harassing manner in Fenland.
A full hearing to establish the terms of Bates’ full ASBO is due to be heard today (Friday, July 9).