Wisbech artist Lucille Carter holding a retrospective exhibition of her paintings, drawings and ceramics
- Credit: Archant
Fenland artist Lucille Carter is holding a retrospective exhibition of paintings, drawings and ceramics at a King’s Lynn gallery.
It is open until September 30 at Greyfriars Art Space, King’s Lynn.
Lucille is well known by many in Wisbech as over the years she and her husband Barry ran four pubs/restaurants, in the Wisbech area.
They ran The West End in Wisbech, The Woodman’s Cottage Gorefield, The Woolpack”, Terrington St. John, and old “Wisbech Arms”, which Lucille and her husband Barry re-named “W-FOUR
During her time behind bars Lucille managed to keep up her interest in art and painting and became an award winning member The Society of Botanical Artists.
You may also want to watch:
She also attended the College of West Anglia and gained BTEC Diploma, in Ceramics, Art & Design.
Over the years, she has accumulated a large collection of her own paintings and ceramics.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
RETROSPECTIVE: Lucille Carter........50 years of painting, drawings & ceramics, shows many exquisite botanical paintings, drawings, and other paintings.
Also on displayed are large, colourful, ceramic plates, prints and greetings cards that she has produced during the past 50 years, which are for sale.
The exhibition is open:
Mondays from 11am-3pm & Tuesday to Saturday from 10am-4pm
until Saturday 30 September (closed Sundays) at Greyfriars Art Space, in St James St, Kings Lynn