Wisbech art group is there for painters to explore their passion with like-minded people
- Credit: Archant
Budding painters are invited to join an art group in Wisbech.
Run by artist Mike Stallard, the group meets at the Rosmini Centre on Mondays from 3-5pm. Sessions are £1.
Mr Stallard said: “Have you ever thought of painting? It is very difficult and very challenging, but also very rewarding. And it lasts a lifetime too. Our group has been going for some five years now.
“Kiddies get all sorts of classes, but we adults seem to get sort of left out somehow. If you want to come and have a go, just turn up.
“Bring your own stuff. You can start off with a sketching pad of plain paper, a cheap rubber and a couple of 2B pencils – with sharpener. We will certainly give you advice on what to buy next if you want.
You may also want to watch:
“And we have a team of people who have been painting some years to help you along. All you have to do is turn up. No
lectures: you learn on the job.”
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
For more information, e-mail Mike at email@example.com