Wisbech art group is there for painters to explore their passion with like-minded people
- Credit: Archant
Budding painters are invited to join an art group in Wisbech.
Run by artist Mike Stallard, the group meets at the Rosmini Centre on Mondays from 3-5pm. Sessions are £1.
Mr Stallard said: “Have you ever thought of painting? It is very difficult and very challenging, but also very rewarding. And it lasts a lifetime too. Our group has been going for some five years now.
“Kiddies get all sorts of classes, but we adults seem to get sort of left out somehow. If you want to come and have a go, just turn up.
“Bring your own stuff. You can start off with a sketching pad of plain paper, a cheap rubber and a couple of 2B pencils – with sharpener. We will certainly give you advice on what to buy next if you want.
“And we have a team of people who have been painting some years to help you along. All you have to do is turn up. No
lectures: you learn on the job.”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 6 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 7 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 8 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 9 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
For more information, e-mail Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org