Wisbech art group is there for painters to explore their passion with like-minded people
- Credit: Archant
Budding painters are invited to join an art group in Wisbech.
Run by artist Mike Stallard, the group meets at the Rosmini Centre on Mondays from 3-5pm. Sessions are £1.
Mr Stallard said: “Have you ever thought of painting? It is very difficult and very challenging, but also very rewarding. And it lasts a lifetime too. Our group has been going for some five years now.
“Kiddies get all sorts of classes, but we adults seem to get sort of left out somehow. If you want to come and have a go, just turn up.
“Bring your own stuff. You can start off with a sketching pad of plain paper, a cheap rubber and a couple of 2B pencils – with sharpener. We will certainly give you advice on what to buy next if you want.
You may also want to watch:
“And we have a team of people who have been painting some years to help you along. All you have to do is turn up. No
lectures: you learn on the job.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
For more information, e-mail Mike at email@example.com