Wisbech art group is there for painters to explore their passion with like-minded people
- Credit: Archant
Budding painters are invited to join an art group in Wisbech.
Run by artist Mike Stallard, the group meets at the Rosmini Centre on Mondays from 3-5pm. Sessions are £1.
Mr Stallard said: “Have you ever thought of painting? It is very difficult and very challenging, but also very rewarding. And it lasts a lifetime too. Our group has been going for some five years now.
“Kiddies get all sorts of classes, but we adults seem to get sort of left out somehow. If you want to come and have a go, just turn up.
“Bring your own stuff. You can start off with a sketching pad of plain paper, a cheap rubber and a couple of 2B pencils – with sharpener. We will certainly give you advice on what to buy next if you want.
You may also want to watch:
“And we have a team of people who have been painting some years to help you along. All you have to do is turn up. No
lectures: you learn on the job.”
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 4 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 7 Uninsured speeder clocked 111mph with unrestrained child in the car
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
For more information, e-mail Mike at email@example.com