Wisbech Armed Forces Day set to honour servicemen and women
- Credit: Archant
An armed forces day in Wisbech Market Place is being held on Sunday June 18 to salute servicemen and women.
Organised on behalf of Wisbech Town Council and supported by the Ministry of Defence, the tribute event will run from 10am until 2pm.
Local cadets from the police, army and air will join the sea cadets who will be showing some of their boats and activities.
The event opens at 10am with a flag-raising ceremony and there will be stalls from local branches of ex-service organisations, service charities, cadet groups, Fenland Aviation Museum and raptors from the Norfolk Owls Sanctuary.
Amongst the displays will be the veteran fire engine ‘Vivian’ and rides from the Showman’s Guild.
You may also want to watch:
Musical entertainment comes from Whittlesey Wind Ensemble and members of Wisbech Amateur Operatic & Dramatic Society.
Call Ray on 01945 584595 for info.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition