Town council looking for ‘community minded businesses’ to sponsor Christmas light switch on - spend £500 and you get a personal visit from the mayor
- Credit: Archant
Business owners in Wisbech can get everything from a personal letter of thanks to a visit from the mayor or deputy mayor if they chip in to support the Christmas lights switch on.
The town council is promoting three levels of sponsorship for the event on Sunday November 24 that start at £30 and rise to £500.
A council spokesman says they are looking for "community minded and wonderful sponsors" to support them.
"This is a real chance to support an event that is enjoyed by thousands of people every year," says the council spokesman.
"The market place will be rammed full of local folk and your good will and generosity will be clear.
"It's also a chance to send a very public Christmas message to your customers and potential customers."
A £30 sponsor will be thanked publicly on the public address system, be listed in the council website and receive a personal letter of thanks from the mayor.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
If you provide £100 in sponsorship you will get the same as the £30 sponsors but additionally receive an ad or message on a big screen at the event.
Those spending £500 are for businesses "who can afford to do a little more and want to really show their support for the town".
You get all the other benefits but with multiple showings of your ad or message on the big screen, get listed as a key sponsor on the council website and receive a personal visit from the mayor or deputy.
Additionally a representative from the business will be invited to join mayor Mike Hill on stage for the lights switch on.