RATz 24 hour musical is amazing and hilarious
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Wisbech Angles Theatre’s youth group had just 24 hours to prepare and stage their own musical.
After choosing a Gilbert and Sullivan musical, RATz students rehearsed, choreographed and costumed the show before building the set, designing the sound and lighting, sourcing the props and learning the musical - all in just 24 hours.
A spokesman for the Angles Theatre said: “Well where do we start?
“On Friday a group of people came together to start rehearsals for a musical. Sounds normal so far… however it was to be performed the following night.
“For 24 hours solid this group of people learnt a full Gilbert and Sullivan musical, built the whole set, costumed the show, lit and sounded the show - all without going out to buy anything.
You may also want to watch:
“There were tears, laughs and very little sleep but on Saturday we pulled off one of the best shows to hit the Angles Theatre stage.
“Thank you to everyone who took part and gave up their time (and their sleep!) to make it an amazing experience.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
One person who took part in the 24 hour musical said: “Thank you for having us. It was a fantastic experience I enjoyed every second.”
An audience member said on social media: “Massive well done to all involved. Considering you only had just the 24 hours to piece everything together, you pulled off an amazing and hilarious show. So proud of you all.”
The next RATz production is Ghost the Musical from October 9-13. There will be a get together and read-through on Thursday (July 26) before auditions are held on Sunday July 29.