Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club presents cheques to groups at annual buffet
FOUR groups received a split of �400 when Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club held its annual cheque presentation and Christmas buffet. The Meadowgate School, Elm Pre-School, St John Ambulance and the Children and Young People Services at the Queen
FOUR groups received a split of �400 when Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club held its annual cheque presentation and Christmas buffet.
The Meadowgate School, Elm Pre-School, St John Ambulance and the Children and Young People Services at the Queen Mary Centre each received a �100 cheque at the buffet, held at the Three Tuns pub in Norwich Road.
The money was raised at the club's annual road run held in August.
A further cheque for �420 was presented to the East Anglian Air Ambulance with the sale of raffle tickets. But a further �25 was added to that total from the proceeds of a swear box that accompanies club events co-ordinator Derek Bond to car shows.
You may also want to watch:
The club raised money for the Air Ambulance by selling merchandise at the Rose Fair and the Wisbech Christmas Market.
Terry Stock, of Elgood's Brewery which supports the club, presented the cheque to Chris Donaldson from the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
• The club meets at the Three Tuns on the first Tuesday of every month. Anyone wishing to join the club can do so at the meetings or contact the membership secretary Simon Mackett on 01945 464609.