Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club members raise £800 for local groups and charities
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club (WDHVC) has presented £800 to local good causes.
The club, supported by Elgood’s Brewery, shared the money between good causes selected by club members.
Members of the club selected the local branch of Macmillan Cancer Support, the Fenland and West Norfolk Aviation Museum, East Anglian Air Ambulance and Manea Pre-school.
Each charity received £200, presented at the club’s recent presentation evening.
The money was raised through the club’s annual Road Run event, in August, which this year saw over 200 vehicles, from lorries to motorbikes, take part in the 80 mile run.
Roger Salter, club chairman, said: “As a club we are delighted to be able to give a little back to the local community.”
The club meets on the first Monday of every month at Wisbech Town Football Club, Lynn Road, Wisbech PE14 7AL. Meetings start at around 8pm.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Care at Home – because home (truly) is where the heart is…
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 9 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
Visit www.wdhvc.com for more information.