Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club members raise £800 for local groups and charities
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club (WDHVC) has presented £800 to local good causes.
The club, supported by Elgood’s Brewery, shared the money between good causes selected by club members.
Members of the club selected the local branch of Macmillan Cancer Support, the Fenland and West Norfolk Aviation Museum, East Anglian Air Ambulance and Manea Pre-school.
Each charity received £200, presented at the club’s recent presentation evening.
The money was raised through the club’s annual Road Run event, in August, which this year saw over 200 vehicles, from lorries to motorbikes, take part in the 80 mile run.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Salter, club chairman, said: “As a club we are delighted to be able to give a little back to the local community.”
The club meets on the first Monday of every month at Wisbech Town Football Club, Lynn Road, Wisbech PE14 7AL. Meetings start at around 8pm.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
Visit www.wdhvc.com for more information.