Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club members raise £800 for local groups and charities
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club (WDHVC) has presented £800 to local good causes.
The club, supported by Elgood’s Brewery, shared the money between good causes selected by club members.
Members of the club selected the local branch of Macmillan Cancer Support, the Fenland and West Norfolk Aviation Museum, East Anglian Air Ambulance and Manea Pre-school.
Each charity received £200, presented at the club’s recent presentation evening.
The money was raised through the club’s annual Road Run event, in August, which this year saw over 200 vehicles, from lorries to motorbikes, take part in the 80 mile run.
Roger Salter, club chairman, said: “As a club we are delighted to be able to give a little back to the local community.”
The club meets on the first Monday of every month at Wisbech Town Football Club, Lynn Road, Wisbech PE14 7AL. Meetings start at around 8pm.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 5 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 6 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
Visit www.wdhvc.com for more information.