New all-through school could open in region next year
- Credit: Archant
A new school could be opening in Wisbech next year.
The Active Learning Trust has announced a bid to open a new school in the town, which will educate children from the ages of four to 19.
If the bid is approved the school would open in September 2020, starting with an intake of up to 120 year seven students and continuing to roll out year groups up to its expected capacity of 1,050 students in the secondary school and sixth form.
The trust runs 21 schools across Cambridgeshire and Suffolk including in Beccles, Lowestoft and Pakefield.
The new school plan has been developed with Cambridgeshire County Council to help meet demand for secondary school places in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Bush, interim chief executive of the Active Learning Trust, said it was not the only trust bidding to open a new school but that its was the only plan to encompass both secondary and primary provision.
Plans for the new Wisbech school can be viewed at activelearningtrust.org/our-resources/wisbech.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart