WISBECH: All rounder Henry strikes a first for grammar school captaincies
AN all-round sportsman has notched up the unique distinction of being the first student to captain all three of the boys first teams at Wisbech Grammar School. Eighteen-year-old Henry Rosier is set to lead the 1st XI cricket team for his second season th
AN all-round sportsman has notched up the unique distinction of being the first student to captain all three of the boys' first teams at Wisbech Grammar School.
Eighteen-year-old Henry Rosier is set to lead the 1st XI cricket team for his second season this summer.
During the Christmas term he was asked to step in and take charge of the rugby 1st XV when the original captain had to relinquish his post because of injuries. And during the Easter term the student from Parson Drove has also been leading the 1st XI hockey team.
For the last seven years, Henry has represented his school in all three sports and his commitment has kept him busy for most weekends of the academic year.
You may also want to watch:
This year the 1st XV rugby team was unbeaten in its first eight games and a young hockey team enjoyed a successful season, but the highlight for Henry was when he was given the chance to captain the school's 1st XI against a team led by cricket legend Devon Malcolm.
The sixth form student, who is studying for A-levels in biology, chemistry and economics, said: "It has been a privilege and a good learning experience. I have enjoyed working closely with coaches to get the most out of the seasons
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience