WISBECH: Aldi to celebrate hitting 1,000,000 customers by giving this hamper to the lucky shopper
THE one millionth customer at a supermarket s Wisbech branch is expected to walk through the doors by Thursday – and will walk out with this hamper of goods. Included in Aldi s hamper are some appropriate items for a Christmas buffet – including crackers,
THE one millionth customer at a supermarket's Wisbech branch is expected to walk through the doors by Thursday - and will walk out with this hamper of goods.
Included in Aldi's hamper are some appropriate items for a Christmas buffet - including crackers, biscuits, chocolates, crisps and snacks. There's also a Christmas pudding and a bottle of champagne.
And, if you happen to be close by at the time the lucky one millionth customer walks through the tills, you might be lucky enough to pick up a bottle of bubbly.
Marc Boyd, Aldi Wisbech store manager, said: "We are really excited to be receiving our one millionth customer in Wisbech and look forward to presenting the hamper to the lucky customer.
"It's our way of saying thank you to our customers."
The landmark coincides with the Sandyland store's Christmas fayre, which runs during opening hours on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 10 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
The first 100 customers through the doors on the three days will receive a complimentary bag of 'Super Six' promoted products.
Customers can also sample cheeses all day Saturday; enjoy live music by Serendipity on Monday from 9am-3pm; and take part in a Christmas product tasting session, also on Monday.
Chatteris woman Lisa Richardson, the lucky winner of a Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard competition, will also be the envy of her friends when she takes part in a two-minute trolley dash around the store on Monday.
Aldi Wisbech opened in October 2004 and underwent a six-meter extension and refit in November 2006.