Wisbech air cadets take to the skies in ‘Viking’ gliders
THREE air cadets from Wisbech have taken to the skies in gliders for the first time.
The cadets from 272 Wisbech Air Training Corps visited 611 VGS at Watton to try their hand at gliding.
After a health and safety brief, the cadets were introduced to the ‘Viking’ gliders before taking to the runway for a day’s gliding.
All of the cadets gained their Gliding Induction Certificates - leaving them able to take part in more gliding.
Cadet Jeremy Stone, 17, said: “I really enjoyed my first time gliding. I wish I had gone before. I can’t wait to get the opportunity to go flying too.”
You may also want to watch:
More cadets will get the opportunity to gain first flights over the coming few months.
Wisbech squadron are currently recruiting young people aged 13-17. People are welcome at parade nights on a Monday or a Thursday night at the squadron’s Sandyland headquarters.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 7 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 8 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic
Email 272Sqn@BedsCambsWgATC.org or ring 01945 587251 on parade evenings for more information.