Wisbech air cadets take to the skies in ‘Viking’ gliders
THREE air cadets from Wisbech have taken to the skies in gliders for the first time.
The cadets from 272 Wisbech Air Training Corps visited 611 VGS at Watton to try their hand at gliding.
After a health and safety brief, the cadets were introduced to the ‘Viking’ gliders before taking to the runway for a day’s gliding.
All of the cadets gained their Gliding Induction Certificates - leaving them able to take part in more gliding.
Cadet Jeremy Stone, 17, said: “I really enjoyed my first time gliding. I wish I had gone before. I can’t wait to get the opportunity to go flying too.”
You may also want to watch:
More cadets will get the opportunity to gain first flights over the coming few months.
Wisbech squadron are currently recruiting young people aged 13-17. People are welcome at parade nights on a Monday or a Thursday night at the squadron’s Sandyland headquarters.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Email 272Sqn@BedsCambsWgATC.org or ring 01945 587251 on parade evenings for more information.