Wisbech air cadets take to the skies in ‘Viking’ gliders
THREE air cadets from Wisbech have taken to the skies in gliders for the first time.
The cadets from 272 Wisbech Air Training Corps visited 611 VGS at Watton to try their hand at gliding.
After a health and safety brief, the cadets were introduced to the ‘Viking’ gliders before taking to the runway for a day’s gliding.
All of the cadets gained their Gliding Induction Certificates - leaving them able to take part in more gliding.
Cadet Jeremy Stone, 17, said: “I really enjoyed my first time gliding. I wish I had gone before. I can’t wait to get the opportunity to go flying too.”
You may also want to watch:
More cadets will get the opportunity to gain first flights over the coming few months.
Wisbech squadron are currently recruiting young people aged 13-17. People are welcome at parade nights on a Monday or a Thursday night at the squadron’s Sandyland headquarters.
- 1 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
Email 272Sqn@BedsCambsWgATC.org or ring 01945 587251 on parade evenings for more information.