WISBECH: Air cadets enjoy plenty of adventure on Lake District expedition
LAST week three cadets and one member of staff from 272 (Wisbech) Air Training Corps, attended the National Air Cadet Adventure Training Centre at Windermere in the Lake District. Cadets Russell Coombes, Sian Huggins and Paul Smith accompanied by Warrant
LAST week three cadets and one member of staff from 272 (Wisbech) Air Training Corps, attended the National Air Cadet Adventure Training Centre at Windermere in the Lake District.
Cadets Russell Coombes, Sian Huggins and Paul Smith accompanied by Warrant Officer Les Wardle attended the centre to complete a week of hill walking and other activities such as Rock Climbing, Rock Scrambling, Abseiling and Orienteering.
Warrant Officer Les Wardle said of the week:" What and absolutely fabulous week, the weather was exceptional and the cadets had an excellent time"
Whilst there, the cadets completed a number of mountain peaks including High Style Ridge, Old Man of Coniston, Crinkle Crags and Pike Bliscoe. The cadets also had two days of rock climbing and abseiling at Chapel Style and Tilberthwaite. They also went orienteering in Grisedale Forest.
Cadet Russell Coombes said: "Whilst we had a long and tiring week it was brilliant, the weather was fantastic and I enjoyed the activities immensely. I can't wait to go again!"
Cadet Coombes also achieved a Bronze Level in the National Navigation Award.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
Wisbech Air Cadets is now actively recruiting young people from 13 to join the squadron. If you would like to try these activities and many others please come to our Squadron Headquarters at Sandyland in Wisbech on a Monday or Thursday Evening from 7pm onwards.