WISBECH: Air cadets enjoy plenty of adventure on Lake District expedition
LAST week three cadets and one member of staff from 272 (Wisbech) Air Training Corps, attended the National Air Cadet Adventure Training Centre at Windermere in the Lake District. Cadets Russell Coombes, Sian Huggins and Paul Smith accompanied by Warrant
LAST week three cadets and one member of staff from 272 (Wisbech) Air Training Corps, attended the National Air Cadet Adventure Training Centre at Windermere in the Lake District.
Cadets Russell Coombes, Sian Huggins and Paul Smith accompanied by Warrant Officer Les Wardle attended the centre to complete a week of hill walking and other activities such as Rock Climbing, Rock Scrambling, Abseiling and Orienteering.
Warrant Officer Les Wardle said of the week:" What and absolutely fabulous week, the weather was exceptional and the cadets had an excellent time"
Whilst there, the cadets completed a number of mountain peaks including High Style Ridge, Old Man of Coniston, Crinkle Crags and Pike Bliscoe. The cadets also had two days of rock climbing and abseiling at Chapel Style and Tilberthwaite. They also went orienteering in Grisedale Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Cadet Russell Coombes said: "Whilst we had a long and tiring week it was brilliant, the weather was fantastic and I enjoyed the activities immensely. I can't wait to go again!"
Cadet Coombes also achieved a Bronze Level in the National Navigation Award.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
Wisbech Air Cadets is now actively recruiting young people from 13 to join the squadron. If you would like to try these activities and many others please come to our Squadron Headquarters at Sandyland in Wisbech on a Monday or Thursday Evening from 7pm onwards.