WISBECH: Air cadets enjoy plenty of adventure on Lake District expedition
LAST week three cadets and one member of staff from 272 (Wisbech) Air Training Corps, attended the National Air Cadet Adventure Training Centre at Windermere in the Lake District. Cadets Russell Coombes, Sian Huggins and Paul Smith accompanied by Warrant
LAST week three cadets and one member of staff from 272 (Wisbech) Air Training Corps, attended the National Air Cadet Adventure Training Centre at Windermere in the Lake District.
Cadets Russell Coombes, Sian Huggins and Paul Smith accompanied by Warrant Officer Les Wardle attended the centre to complete a week of hill walking and other activities such as Rock Climbing, Rock Scrambling, Abseiling and Orienteering.
Warrant Officer Les Wardle said of the week:" What and absolutely fabulous week, the weather was exceptional and the cadets had an excellent time"
Whilst there, the cadets completed a number of mountain peaks including High Style Ridge, Old Man of Coniston, Crinkle Crags and Pike Bliscoe. The cadets also had two days of rock climbing and abseiling at Chapel Style and Tilberthwaite. They also went orienteering in Grisedale Forest.
Cadet Russell Coombes said: "Whilst we had a long and tiring week it was brilliant, the weather was fantastic and I enjoyed the activities immensely. I can't wait to go again!"
Cadet Coombes also achieved a Bronze Level in the National Navigation Award.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 7 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
Wisbech Air Cadets is now actively recruiting young people from 13 to join the squadron. If you would like to try these activities and many others please come to our Squadron Headquarters at Sandyland in Wisbech on a Monday or Thursday Evening from 7pm onwards.