WISBECH: Air cadets back home after a successful seven day Easter camp
EIGHT cadets from 272 Wisbech Air Training Corps joined 35 other squadrons from the Beds/Cambs Wing at Napier Barracks in Folkestone for this year s Easter Camp. Sergeant (Sgt) Ben Stek, Corporal (Cpl) Tim Atkins and Cadets (Cdt) Rebecca Best, Ryan Timbre
EIGHT cadets from 272 Wisbech Air Training Corps joined 35 other squadrons from the Beds/Cambs Wing at Napier Barracks in Folkestone for this year's Easter Camp.
Sergeant (Sgt) Ben Stek, Corporal (Cpl) Tim Atkins and Cadets (Cdt) Rebecca Best, Ryan Timbrell, Oli Grocott, Luke Jermy, Russell Coombes and Robert Smith enjoyed seven days of activities and fun.
Whilst there, they completed several exercises including Communications and Navigation, Raft Building, Rock Climbing and Abseiling and enjoyed the thrill of the DCCT (Dismounted Close Combat Trainer) Range which is a computerised shooting range. 7 of the cadets also were able to enjoy a flight in a Chinook helicopter.
This camp is just one of the many camps that the cadets get a chance to attend each year as well as many other activities.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured: Left to Right: Robert Smith, Russell Coombes , Ryan Timbrell, Tim Atkins, Luke Jermy, Ben Stek, Rebecca Best, Oli Grocott
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
Tel: (01400) 261201 Ext: Fax: (01400) 261517 RAFTN: 95751 www.aircadets.org