Wisbech air cadets receive Duke of Edinburgh awards during annual formal inspection
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from the 272 Wisbech Squadron made sure their uniform was spotless, stood in formation and some received awards as they were formally inspected.
The wing commander, wing warrant officer and squadron leader attended the squadron for its annual formal inspection.
The evening began with wing commander Kelly and commanding officer Rose inspecting the cadets on parade.
The cadets were dressed smartly in their No 1 uniforms and were spoken to by the wing commander as he inspected each cadet about their enjoyment of being part of the cadets and what they had achieved.
Vanessa Simmonds, civilian instructor for the 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, said: "It was a great night of achievements."
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening wing commander Kelly gave out awards to cadet Taylor and cadet Rance for achieving their pre Duke Of Edinburgh awards.
Cadet Mark Simmonds was also given an award for completing his bronze Duke Of Edinburgh award.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
Cadet Rance is now moving on to start his bronze Duke Of Edinburgh and cadet Mark Simmonds to do his silver, something that all cadets have the opportunity to do in air cadets.
Finally, staff sergeant Stephanie Lee was promoted to flight sergeant by the wing commander.