Wisbech air cadets receive Duke of Edinburgh awards during annual formal inspection
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from the 272 Wisbech Squadron made sure their uniform was spotless, stood in formation and some received awards as they were formally inspected.
The wing commander, wing warrant officer and squadron leader attended the squadron for its annual formal inspection.
The evening began with wing commander Kelly and commanding officer Rose inspecting the cadets on parade.
The cadets were dressed smartly in their No 1 uniforms and were spoken to by the wing commander as he inspected each cadet about their enjoyment of being part of the cadets and what they had achieved.
Vanessa Simmonds, civilian instructor for the 272 (Wisbech) Squadron, said: "It was a great night of achievements."
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening wing commander Kelly gave out awards to cadet Taylor and cadet Rance for achieving their pre Duke Of Edinburgh awards.
Cadet Mark Simmonds was also given an award for completing his bronze Duke Of Edinburgh award.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
Cadet Rance is now moving on to start his bronze Duke Of Edinburgh and cadet Mark Simmonds to do his silver, something that all cadets have the opportunity to do in air cadets.
Finally, staff sergeant Stephanie Lee was promoted to flight sergeant by the wing commander.