Wisbech Air Cadets’ achievements celebrated at awards evening
- Credit: Archant
CADETS, staff, civilian committee members and parents gathered at 272 (Wisbech) Squadron Air Cadets’ annual awards evening and year review at the Tower Ballroom.
The guest of honour was Squadron Leader Iain Hutchinson, a flight commander with 13 Squadron based at RAF Waddington, who handed out the awards.
The Cadet of the Year award went to Cadet Corporal Josh Garner.
The evening started with the formal enrolment ceremony performed by the Squadron Padre, Rev Alan Landell.
Officer in charge of the squadron, Flying Officer Colin Arnold, reviewed the year and the achievements of the cadets
Flying Officer Arnold praised all the cadets for their hard work in 2012.
He said: “The awards winners set the standards for the cadets to aim for in 2013 and I look forward to being there and involved with 272”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift