Wisbech Air Cadets’ achievements celebrated at awards evening
- Credit: Archant
CADETS, staff, civilian committee members and parents gathered at 272 (Wisbech) Squadron Air Cadets’ annual awards evening and year review at the Tower Ballroom.
The guest of honour was Squadron Leader Iain Hutchinson, a flight commander with 13 Squadron based at RAF Waddington, who handed out the awards.
The Cadet of the Year award went to Cadet Corporal Josh Garner.
The evening started with the formal enrolment ceremony performed by the Squadron Padre, Rev Alan Landell.
Officer in charge of the squadron, Flying Officer Colin Arnold, reviewed the year and the achievements of the cadets
You may also want to watch:
Flying Officer Arnold praised all the cadets for their hard work in 2012.
He said: “The awards winners set the standards for the cadets to aim for in 2013 and I look forward to being there and involved with 272”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers