WISBECH: 'Aggressive' drink driver jailed for four weeks and banned for 42 months
A DRINK driver who was aggressive and obstructive when arrested has been jailed for four weeks and banned from driving for 42 months. Andrius Sventoraitis tried to delay giving a breath test at Wisbech police station, asking for a drink of water, a solici
A DRINK driver who was aggressive and obstructive when arrested has been jailed for four weeks and banned from driving for 42 months.
Andrius Sventoraitis tried to delay giving a breath test at Wisbech police station, asking for a drink of water, a solicitor, and saying he wanted to visit the toilet.
"He became aggressive, he shouted and punched a table top," prosecutor Scheherazade Haque told Fenland magistrates.
Sventoraitis did eventually give a breath sample - with a reading of 90 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, more than double the legal limit.
You may also want to watch:
He already had previous convictions for drink driving and driving while disqualified, and had failed to co-operate with the probation service on previous community orders.
Police stopped Sventoraitis in Clarkson Avenue at Wisbech after seeing him driving very slowly on April 2.
- 1 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Town comes together to mark Big Bash success
- 10 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
"He had a glazed expression and smelled of liquor," said Miss Haque. "At the police station he was obstructive, trying to delay the breath test."
Sventoraitis, 37, of Grosvenor Road, Wisbech, admitted drink driving.
Mitigating, Alison Muir told the court: "He went for a drink with a friend, and foolishly decided to drive the one mile home. He drove slowly because of the bumps in the road.