Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, giving employers help with workplace pension schemes
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, have taken steps to ensure that they can help employers prepare to meet their workplace pension obligations.
Partner, Helen Garrett and Rachel Howling from their payroll department have been awarded the Pensions Management Institute Certificate in Pensions Automatic Enrolment, demonstrating their specialist expertise in the setting up and implementation of workplace schemes.
Wheelers, who provide a payroll bureau service to business clients of all sizes and sectors, have recognised that increasing numbers of small businesses are being tasked with automatically enrolling their workers into workplace pension schemes.
Mrs Garrett said: “Many thousands of employers across the UK with under 50 employees are now hitting the date by which they must, under the legislation, provide a qualifying scheme and start to make contributions to their workers’ pension funds.”
She added: “Employers will have received confirmation of the date – known as their staging date – in a letter from the pensions regulator which should have arrived approximately one year before they are obliged to comply with the new rules.”
You may also want to watch:
Wheelers have joined forces with Smith & Pinching Financial Services Ltd to host a free-to-attend event.
An Audience with the Pensions Regulator aims to help employers in and around Wisbech understand their obligations under the legislation.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
Two sessions, each lasting around two hours, are planned for Wednesday October 14.
For further details and to book your place at one of these sessions, contact Jo Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01945 582547.