Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, giving employers help with workplace pension schemes
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, have taken steps to ensure that they can help employers prepare to meet their workplace pension obligations.
Partner, Helen Garrett and Rachel Howling from their payroll department have been awarded the Pensions Management Institute Certificate in Pensions Automatic Enrolment, demonstrating their specialist expertise in the setting up and implementation of workplace schemes.
Wheelers, who provide a payroll bureau service to business clients of all sizes and sectors, have recognised that increasing numbers of small businesses are being tasked with automatically enrolling their workers into workplace pension schemes.
Mrs Garrett said: “Many thousands of employers across the UK with under 50 employees are now hitting the date by which they must, under the legislation, provide a qualifying scheme and start to make contributions to their workers’ pension funds.”
She added: “Employers will have received confirmation of the date – known as their staging date – in a letter from the pensions regulator which should have arrived approximately one year before they are obliged to comply with the new rules.”
Wheelers have joined forces with Smith & Pinching Financial Services Ltd to host a free-to-attend event.
An Audience with the Pensions Regulator aims to help employers in and around Wisbech understand their obligations under the legislation.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
Two sessions, each lasting around two hours, are planned for Wednesday October 14.
For further details and to book your place at one of these sessions, contact Jo Warren at email@example.com or call 01945 582547.