Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, giving employers help with workplace pension schemes
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, have taken steps to ensure that they can help employers prepare to meet their workplace pension obligations.
Partner, Helen Garrett and Rachel Howling from their payroll department have been awarded the Pensions Management Institute Certificate in Pensions Automatic Enrolment, demonstrating their specialist expertise in the setting up and implementation of workplace schemes.
Wheelers, who provide a payroll bureau service to business clients of all sizes and sectors, have recognised that increasing numbers of small businesses are being tasked with automatically enrolling their workers into workplace pension schemes.
Mrs Garrett said: “Many thousands of employers across the UK with under 50 employees are now hitting the date by which they must, under the legislation, provide a qualifying scheme and start to make contributions to their workers’ pension funds.”
She added: “Employers will have received confirmation of the date – known as their staging date – in a letter from the pensions regulator which should have arrived approximately one year before they are obliged to comply with the new rules.”
You may also want to watch:
Wheelers have joined forces with Smith & Pinching Financial Services Ltd to host a free-to-attend event.
An Audience with the Pensions Regulator aims to help employers in and around Wisbech understand their obligations under the legislation.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 4 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 7 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
- 8 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 9 Lions commend cinema manager for lockdown volunteering
- 10 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
Two sessions, each lasting around two hours, are planned for Wednesday October 14.
For further details and to book your place at one of these sessions, contact Jo Warren at email@example.com or call 01945 582547.