Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, giving employers help with workplace pension schemes
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech accountants firm, Wheelers, have taken steps to ensure that they can help employers prepare to meet their workplace pension obligations.
Partner, Helen Garrett and Rachel Howling from their payroll department have been awarded the Pensions Management Institute Certificate in Pensions Automatic Enrolment, demonstrating their specialist expertise in the setting up and implementation of workplace schemes.
Wheelers, who provide a payroll bureau service to business clients of all sizes and sectors, have recognised that increasing numbers of small businesses are being tasked with automatically enrolling their workers into workplace pension schemes.
Mrs Garrett said: “Many thousands of employers across the UK with under 50 employees are now hitting the date by which they must, under the legislation, provide a qualifying scheme and start to make contributions to their workers’ pension funds.”
She added: “Employers will have received confirmation of the date – known as their staging date – in a letter from the pensions regulator which should have arrived approximately one year before they are obliged to comply with the new rules.”
Wheelers have joined forces with Smith & Pinching Financial Services Ltd to host a free-to-attend event.
An Audience with the Pensions Regulator aims to help employers in and around Wisbech understand their obligations under the legislation.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
- 9 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
Two sessions, each lasting around two hours, are planned for Wednesday October 14.
For further details and to book your place at one of these sessions, contact Jo Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01945 582547.