Wisbech accountancy director retires after 30 years
- Credit: Archant
After over 30 years as an accountant, Richard Leighton, director at Bulley Davey, is to retire this month.
Richard qualified as a chartered accountant in 1982 and following his time at national firms he moved to Wisbech and became a partner with a local firm.
He later practiced under his own name, Leighton & Co, for several years before merging the practice with Bulley Davey in April 2015 and becoming a director.
Richard said: “It has been an interesting career, watching this profession move and change with the times.
“Accountancy really has to change perhaps more than any other profession, whether its new technology, new laws or changes to old ones – it has kept me on my toes.
You may also want to watch:
“I was lucky enough to practice with my own firm too which was a great experience that helped me in understanding the challenges that can face my clients and their businesses.”
Richard specialised in owner managed businesses across agriculture, manufacturing and service industries and deals with a number of high net worth clients.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
He is set to continue some of his work with Bulley Davey in a consultancy role.