WISBECH: 89-year-old woman robbed by man who pretended to be a plumber
AN 89-year-old woman has been robbed by a man posing as a plumber. Police are carrying out an investigation but nobody has been arrested. The man rang the doorbell of the woman s home in King s Walk, Wisbech and asked her if he could check her taps. When
AN 89-year-old woman has been robbed by a man posing as a plumber.
Police are carrying out an investigation but nobody has been arrested.
The man rang the doorbell of the woman's home in King's Walk, Wisbech and asked her if he could check her taps.
When she refused, he pushed her backwards and stole her purse and bank book from her handbag before running from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The incident took place between noon and 12.15pm on February 9.
A police spokesman said: "Police have carried out house to house enquiries and launched an investigation.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
"Arrangements were made for an officer to visit the victim to reassure her and keep her updated with our investigation.
"If anyone has any information, no matter how small it may seem, we would ask them to get in touch with us."
The offender has been described as approximately 20 years old, 5ft 5ins tall, with brown scruffy hair.
He was wearing a black track suit top and bottoms and a brown or blue baseball cap at the time of the incident.
The police spokesman added: "Sometimes when a distraction burglary takes place several others follow but this appears to be have been an isolated incident as nothing similar has been reported to us."
Anyone with information should contact Wisbech Police Station on 0845 456456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.