Tasty winter warmer soup wins money for Wisbech school
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech primary school has £200 to spend on cooking equipment after winning the Winter Warmer Soup Challenge.
Tydd St Mary Church of England Primary School fought off hot competition from six other schools in the annual cooking challenge.
The competition focuses on Key Stage 1 and 2 children developing their cooking skills and understanding the importance of using both seasonal and locally grown foods.
Schools put their recipes to the public taste test with visitors at the Winter Stock Festival at the East of England Showground.
The public and local farmers voted Tydd St Mary's 'Deluxe Winter Soup' the overall winner.
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Lauridsen, education manager for Kids Country, said: "We are thrilled to have had another great entry of schools for this competition and our congratulations go to Tydd St Mary, who produced a very tasty soup."
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running