Tasty winter warmer soup wins money for Wisbech school
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech primary school has £200 to spend on cooking equipment after winning the Winter Warmer Soup Challenge.
Tydd St Mary Church of England Primary School fought off hot competition from six other schools in the annual cooking challenge.
The competition focuses on Key Stage 1 and 2 children developing their cooking skills and understanding the importance of using both seasonal and locally grown foods.
Schools put their recipes to the public taste test with visitors at the Winter Stock Festival at the East of England Showground.
The public and local farmers voted Tydd St Mary's 'Deluxe Winter Soup' the overall winner.
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Lauridsen, education manager for Kids Country, said: "We are thrilled to have had another great entry of schools for this competition and our congratulations go to Tydd St Mary, who produced a very tasty soup."
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured