Go Bonkers for Conkers! Full list of winners announced from annual event held at Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied/Bonkers for Conkers
Another year, another Bonkers for Conkers event – here’s a full list of winners from this year’s event.
Based on a traditional game of conkers, the 19th annual event was held at The Oasis Centre in Wisbech on Friday, October 4.
Spearheaded by the town's Lions, dozens came from all over the county to take part or even to just watch the competition which went off "with a bang".
Each year, proceeds from the event go to the organisation's chosen charity. This year, all the cash went to the 'Christmas Wish for Hope' appeal.
The appeal is to help six-year-old Hope Weston from Wisbech get a bionic arm after she was born with no hand or lower limb on her left arm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Wisbech Lions said: "This annual event brings together Lions and invited guests to enjoy playing conkers, win a prize or two and enter the raffle.
"Special thanks to our friends at Rotary for their donation and to Lesley Fisher at Vintage Cakes, Spalding for the cake she donated."
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
Pamela Wallwork, Hunts and Graffham Lions
Ladies winner; Stuart Anderson, Whittlesey Lions
Men's winner; Harry Hunter (Lion in training?)
Junior winner; Lions team winners - Hunts and Graffham
Non-Lion winners - Glenfield Nut Crackers.