Go Bonkers for Conkers! Full list of winners announced from annual event held at Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied/Bonkers for Conkers
Another year, another Bonkers for Conkers event – here’s a full list of winners from this year’s event.
Based on a traditional game of conkers, the 19th annual event was held at The Oasis Centre in Wisbech on Friday, October 4.
Spearheaded by the town's Lions, dozens came from all over the county to take part or even to just watch the competition which went off "with a bang".
Each year, proceeds from the event go to the organisation's chosen charity. This year, all the cash went to the 'Christmas Wish for Hope' appeal.
The appeal is to help six-year-old Hope Weston from Wisbech get a bionic arm after she was born with no hand or lower limb on her left arm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Wisbech Lions said: "This annual event brings together Lions and invited guests to enjoy playing conkers, win a prize or two and enter the raffle.
"Special thanks to our friends at Rotary for their donation and to Lesley Fisher at Vintage Cakes, Spalding for the cake she donated."
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 3 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
Pamela Wallwork, Hunts and Graffham Lions
Ladies winner; Stuart Anderson, Whittlesey Lions
Men's winner; Harry Hunter (Lion in training?)
Junior winner; Lions team winners - Hunts and Graffham
Non-Lion winners - Glenfield Nut Crackers.