Back to Bingo! Eyes down as Fen hall reopens amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Credit: File/PublicDomainPictures.net
Strict social distancing systems, sneeze screens and extra cleaning operations are in place at a Fen bingo hall as it plans to reopen amid the ongoing pandemic.
Winners Bingo, based in Blackfriars Road in Wisbech, say “a warm welcome” awaits customers when they reopen their doors on Wednesday (August 5).
They say staff are “working to keep you safe” after releasing the steps they are taking to meet Government guidelines during the Covid-19 outbreak.
A spokesman said: “Please comply with social distancing systems in place around the club and please follow floor and wall markers as well as one-way systems.
“Hand sanitiser is available in all areas of the club, please use it. The admission fee of £1 will now be paid at book sale to smooth the reception experience.
You may also want to watch:
“Some tables are out of use to ensure social distancing, please use seats as marked. There is to be no table or seat saving.
“Sneeze screen are in place at all service counters and there will be reduced capacity for social distancing, the balcony will be in use at all sessions.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
“There will be extra cleaning before and during sessions and bar and buffet drinks will be served in disposable cups.
“Numbers in the toilets will be restricted and additional cleaning will take place before and during sessions.
“Fifty pence pieces and £1 coins will only be available in £10 or £20 bags and the machines will be cleaned at regular intervals – we will also supply wipes.
“Cash and debit cards will be accepted at book sales and buffet and we are still paper only, no electronics, we’re working to keep you safe.”