Winner of <i>Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard</i> Christmas Card Competition revealed
WE have had a fantastic response to our children s Christmas card competition. And after much deliberation, staff at the Alexandra Road Dental Practice in Wisbech, which sponsored the competition in conjunction with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard, h
WE have had a fantastic response to our children's Christmas card competition.
And after much deliberation, staff at the Alexandra Road Dental Practice in Wisbech, which sponsored the competition in conjunction with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard, have picked a winner.
We had scores of entries for the competition which invited youngsters to send in a Christmas card design and the winner would receive 200 printed copies of their cards to give to family and friends.
The winning design (pictured) was created by the talented Zoe Nosworthy, 11, from March.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry Tolhurst, Practice owner, said: "We would like to say congratulations to all those who took part in the competition and who have helped us get into the Christmas celebrations underway.
"We have been most impressed with the quality of entries. We are delighted to know that there are so many potential artists in Fenland.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
"The cards certainly created a festive look when they were displayed for judging, however there is only ever one winner.
"We would like to wish a very happy Christmas to all the competitors and all our patients, past present and future."
Zoe's design has now been sent to the printers and the 200 Christmas cards will be handed over to the youngster in time for her to post them to her family and friends.