Winner of <i>Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard</i> Christmas Card Competition revealed
WE have had a fantastic response to our children s Christmas card competition. And after much deliberation, staff at the Alexandra Road Dental Practice in Wisbech, which sponsored the competition in conjunction with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard, h
WE have had a fantastic response to our children's Christmas card competition.
And after much deliberation, staff at the Alexandra Road Dental Practice in Wisbech, which sponsored the competition in conjunction with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard, have picked a winner.
We had scores of entries for the competition which invited youngsters to send in a Christmas card design and the winner would receive 200 printed copies of their cards to give to family and friends.
The winning design (pictured) was created by the talented Zoe Nosworthy, 11, from March.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry Tolhurst, Practice owner, said: "We would like to say congratulations to all those who took part in the competition and who have helped us get into the Christmas celebrations underway.
"We have been most impressed with the quality of entries. We are delighted to know that there are so many potential artists in Fenland.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
"The cards certainly created a festive look when they were displayed for judging, however there is only ever one winner.
"We would like to wish a very happy Christmas to all the competitors and all our patients, past present and future."
Zoe's design has now been sent to the printers and the 200 Christmas cards will be handed over to the youngster in time for her to post them to her family and friends.