Winner of <i>Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard</i> Christmas Card Competition revealed
WE have had a fantastic response to our children s Christmas card competition. And after much deliberation, staff at the Alexandra Road Dental Practice in Wisbech, which sponsored the competition in conjunction with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard, h
WE have had a fantastic response to our children's Christmas card competition.
And after much deliberation, staff at the Alexandra Road Dental Practice in Wisbech, which sponsored the competition in conjunction with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard, have picked a winner.
We had scores of entries for the competition which invited youngsters to send in a Christmas card design and the winner would receive 200 printed copies of their cards to give to family and friends.
The winning design (pictured) was created by the talented Zoe Nosworthy, 11, from March.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry Tolhurst, Practice owner, said: "We would like to say congratulations to all those who took part in the competition and who have helped us get into the Christmas celebrations underway.
"We have been most impressed with the quality of entries. We are delighted to know that there are so many potential artists in Fenland.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
"The cards certainly created a festive look when they were displayed for judging, however there is only ever one winner.
"We would like to wish a very happy Christmas to all the competitors and all our patients, past present and future."
Zoe's design has now been sent to the printers and the 200 Christmas cards will be handed over to the youngster in time for her to post them to her family and friends.