WIN!: We team up with English Heritage to offer tickets to St George's Day extravaganza
ENGLISH Heritage has teamed up with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard to give our readers the chance to win one of five family tickets to the biggest St George s Day extravaganza in the country, taking place at Wrest Park in Bedfordshire
ENGLISH Heritage has teamed up with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard to give our readers the chance to win one of five family tickets to the biggest St George's Day extravaganza in the country, taking place at Wrest Park in Bedfordshire on Saturday April 25 and Sunday April 26.
A family ticket admit two adults and up to three children.
The festivities, the longest running in England, are set against the stunning backdrop of the beautiful stately home and gardens at Wrest Park.
Expect fun for all the family with everything from interactive children's' theatre and spectacular street performers to dramatic equestrian displays, traditional falconry, a historic crafts market, living history encampments and much, much more.
You may also want to watch:
New for 2009 is the dragon training camp where drama kings and queens can see if they have what it takes to become a fierce and ferocious dragon!
Of course, the highlight of each day is the fierce battle between St George and the Dragon himself - cheer on your favourite in this age-old battle and take the chance to meet the shining knight himself!
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
For your chance to win tickets answer this simple question:
Which mythical creature does St George fight at the event at Wrest Park each year?
Send you answer, along with your name, full address including post code, email address and telephone number to The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard St George Competition, 51 High Street, March PE15 9JJ.
Closing date is Friday April 17.
Normal Archant rules apply.
If you are not a competition winner this time you can still make big savings on the price of tickets when you book early. Call 0870 333 1183 or buy online at www.english-heritage.org.uk/buytickets.