WIN!: We team up with English Heritage to offer tickets to St George's Day extravaganza
ENGLISH Heritage has teamed up with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard to give our readers the chance to win one of five family tickets to the biggest St George s Day extravaganza in the country, taking place at Wrest Park in Bedfordshire
ENGLISH Heritage has teamed up with the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard to give our readers the chance to win one of five family tickets to the biggest St George's Day extravaganza in the country, taking place at Wrest Park in Bedfordshire on Saturday April 25 and Sunday April 26.
A family ticket admit two adults and up to three children.
The festivities, the longest running in England, are set against the stunning backdrop of the beautiful stately home and gardens at Wrest Park.
Expect fun for all the family with everything from interactive children's' theatre and spectacular street performers to dramatic equestrian displays, traditional falconry, a historic crafts market, living history encampments and much, much more.
You may also want to watch:
New for 2009 is the dragon training camp where drama kings and queens can see if they have what it takes to become a fierce and ferocious dragon!
Of course, the highlight of each day is the fierce battle between St George and the Dragon himself - cheer on your favourite in this age-old battle and take the chance to meet the shining knight himself!
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
For your chance to win tickets answer this simple question:
Which mythical creature does St George fight at the event at Wrest Park each year?
Send you answer, along with your name, full address including post code, email address and telephone number to The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard St George Competition, 51 High Street, March PE15 9JJ.
Closing date is Friday April 17.
Normal Archant rules apply.
If you are not a competition winner this time you can still make big savings on the price of tickets when you book early. Call 0870 333 1183 or buy online at www.english-heritage.org.uk/buytickets.