WIN!: Still plenty of time to dig for victory and pick up some top prizes
IT is your chance to dig for victory and show Fenland why your allotment or vegetable patch is better than the rest. And there are still two weeks to enter our competition, which is offering a number of top prizes. People of all ages across Fenland are jo
IT is your chance to dig for victory and show Fenland why your allotment or vegetable patch is better than the rest.
And there are still two weeks to enter our competition, which is offering a number of top prizes.
People of all ages across Fenland are joining the green revolution to grow their own fruit and vegetables - and it's prompted us to highlight those people with the launch of our Dig for Victory competition.
There are three categories in the competition - Best Plot, Best Novice Plot and Best Junior Plot. The closing date for entries is July 24.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting the competition are Marshalls Seeds of Huntingdon, the Chestnut Garden Centre in Wisbech and West End DIY in March.
Marshalls Seeds has donated a special hessian carrier bag with a Marshalls garden knife, 10 packets of quick grow seeds, a soil test kit, rain gauge and a stylish cap. The prize is worth 3100. Along with the goodies is also a �50 voucher.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
The Chestnut Garden Centre is giving away a selection of top quality tools as a prize, that will make gardening even more enjoyable.
West End DIY is offering a �50 voucher so the lucky winner can choose what they need from the store.
All you have to do is send us a photograph of your allotment or vegetable garden and tell us what kind of vegetables you are growing now and the others you grow throughout the year. If you are entering the novice category let us know when you started growing vegetables and why.
Our panel of judges will shortlist three from each category and visit each one to choose the eventual winners.
Final judging will take place during the week beginning August 3 and winners will be announced the following Wednesday during National Allotments Week.
• To enter email your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, post it to us or visit the office at 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ.