Villagers toast season success with annual awards night
- Credit: Wimblington CC
There was silverware aplenty for Wimblington Cricket Club as they capped off the 2021 Cambs League season with their annual awards.
Both the senior and junior teams held their presentation evenings this month at their Parkfield Sports Club home.
For the seniors, the departing Jack Dent won a loyalty award while Josh Fox picked up the all-round performance trophy.
Youngsters Bailey King and Fabian Hollamby were named players’ player and manager’s player respectively, while Charlie Kemp won the most improved award.
“It all went brilliantly and from where they were to where they are now is massive,” junior coach Paul Cole said.
Wimblington CC are looking to set up a women’s team in the near future – to join or for more details on the club, call Paul on 07904 900554 or Paul King on 01354 740041.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
Seniors: Jack Dent (loyalty award); Callum Fountain (funniest Sunday moment); Marcus Larham (Martin Dent memorial trophy); Jay Cole (most improved player Saturday team & manager’s player Sunday); Rob Kemp (players’ player Saturday and Sunday & batsman Saturday); Glyn Wilson (funniest Saturday moment); Leon Walker (bowling Sunday & clubman award; Josh Fox (batting Sunday, bowling Saturday & all-round Saturday and Sunday); Harvey Payne (most improved Sunday); Poppy Cole (captain’s player Saturday); Paul King (chairman’s award).
Juniors: Bailey King (players’ player); Fabian Hollamby (manager’s player); Charlie Kemp (most improved player).