Teenage burglar broke in and robbed widow, 63, and left her ‘devastated’ by theft of wedding and engagement rings
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old burglar was jailed today (Monday) for a year after committing his fifth burglary in less than nine months.
Jan Michalczyk broke into the home of a woman in Onyx Court, Wisbech, on May 4, stealing her engagement and wedding rings, and a ring belonging to her late husband.
The 68-year-old widow woke to find a purse with cash and bank cards had also been stolen.
PC Anna Pollard said: “She is devastated by the loss of the jewellery which meant so much to her.”
In December last year, Michalczyk was sentenced to a 12-month referral order after admitting carrying out four burglaries in Whittlesey..
You may also want to watch:
On July 13, Michalczyk appeared at Cambridge Crown Court where he was jailed for a year. He admitted burglary.
His Honour Judge Cooper said his latest crime during the Covid-19 lockdown was on “a vulnerable person” and merited a jail term.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen