Teenage burglar broke in and robbed widow, 63, and left her ‘devastated’ by theft of wedding and engagement rings
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old burglar was jailed today (Monday) for a year after committing his fifth burglary in less than nine months.
Jan Michalczyk broke into the home of a woman in Onyx Court, Wisbech, on May 4, stealing her engagement and wedding rings, and a ring belonging to her late husband.
The 68-year-old widow woke to find a purse with cash and bank cards had also been stolen.
PC Anna Pollard said: “She is devastated by the loss of the jewellery which meant so much to her.”
In December last year, Michalczyk was sentenced to a 12-month referral order after admitting carrying out four burglaries in Whittlesey..
You may also want to watch:
On July 13, Michalczyk appeared at Cambridge Crown Court where he was jailed for a year. He admitted burglary.
His Honour Judge Cooper said his latest crime during the Covid-19 lockdown was on “a vulnerable person” and merited a jail term.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success