Teenage burglar broke in and robbed widow, 63, and left her ‘devastated’ by theft of wedding and engagement rings
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old burglar was jailed today (Monday) for a year after committing his fifth burglary in less than nine months.
Jan Michalczyk broke into the home of a woman in Onyx Court, Wisbech, on May 4, stealing her engagement and wedding rings, and a ring belonging to her late husband.
The 68-year-old widow woke to find a purse with cash and bank cards had also been stolen.
PC Anna Pollard said: “She is devastated by the loss of the jewellery which meant so much to her.”
In December last year, Michalczyk was sentenced to a 12-month referral order after admitting carrying out four burglaries in Whittlesey..
You may also want to watch:
On July 13, Michalczyk appeared at Cambridge Crown Court where he was jailed for a year. He admitted burglary.
His Honour Judge Cooper said his latest crime during the Covid-19 lockdown was on “a vulnerable person” and merited a jail term.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 7 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign