Sports clubs in Whittlesey form new group to lead the way for excellence
- Credit: Archant
A new sports association has been formed in a Fenland town with the aim of bringing together teams and leisure groups to herald success.
The Whittlesey Sports Association, created by Robert Windle, has currently signed up clubs and representatives from bowls, archery, shooting, netball and football.
Young and old are hoping to share their talents and tips for healthy sport and put Whittlesey on the map.
Mr Windle said he was delighted with the response so far.
“We have more than 20 organisations already signed up who are willing to come and try sessions and to support the rest of the membership,” he explained.
You may also want to watch:
“In Fenland we hope to lead the way for excellence and we hope to raise awareness, grow memberships and support those with the potential to go on to greater success.”
The full aims of the association include:
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
• Creating a directory of sport and leisure organisations in Whittlesey and nearby villages.
• Creating a calendar of events for the year September 2018 to August 2019
• To ascertain the current membership of the organisations.
• To pass on any funding opportunities to the membership either individually or collectively.
• To identify and promote any potential talent and to enable them reach their potential.
• Make sure when any visiting club or association comes to Whittlesey they have a positive experience.
If you have a sports or leisure organisation who would like to get involved, contact Mr Windle on 01733 204445.
Whittlesey Sports Association can be found on Facebook with mini films on the member clubs.