Whittlesey lottery winner puts on Elf Festival for daughter Lotus and her friends at Meadowgate School, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey lottery winner hosted an Elf Festival at her daughter’s special school yesterday (19) to help pupils and staff start their Christmas celebrations in style.
Lorraine Daniels, who won £729,026 with her father in April, put on the event for her daughter Lotus and more than 40 students at Meadowgate School in Wisbech.
“Since Lotus underwent surgery for her extreme epilepsy in 2014 she has baffled all the doctors and specialists who predicted a very limited quality of life,” said Lorraine.
“While she has come on in leaps and bounds since those dark days we have to be very careful how we manage situations such as Christmas because it means a host of new experiences which can be unsettling for Lotus.
“But, just like every family at this time of year, we want to be able to share in the fun and excitement…
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been brilliant seeing the students join in and get so much enjoyment out of the activities, it’s like an early Christmas present.”
Lisa Gill, deputy headteacher at Meadowgate School, said: “The staff and students deserve a treat for all their efforts.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
“We are so grateful for Lorraine’s support with this event and her enthusiasm for the school.”
Meadowgate School is a purpose-built special needs school in Wisbech.
Meadowgate School staff and students shared their Code of Elves Conduct for all to follow this Christmas:
• Treat everyday like Christmas
• There is room for Everybody on the Nice List
• The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loudly for all to hear!