Whittlesey lottery winner puts on Elf Festival for daughter Lotus and her friends at Meadowgate School, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey lottery winner hosted an Elf Festival at her daughter’s special school yesterday (19) to help pupils and staff start their Christmas celebrations in style.
Lorraine Daniels, who won £729,026 with her father in April, put on the event for her daughter Lotus and more than 40 students at Meadowgate School in Wisbech.
“Since Lotus underwent surgery for her extreme epilepsy in 2014 she has baffled all the doctors and specialists who predicted a very limited quality of life,” said Lorraine.
“While she has come on in leaps and bounds since those dark days we have to be very careful how we manage situations such as Christmas because it means a host of new experiences which can be unsettling for Lotus.
“But, just like every family at this time of year, we want to be able to share in the fun and excitement…
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been brilliant seeing the students join in and get so much enjoyment out of the activities, it’s like an early Christmas present.”
Lisa Gill, deputy headteacher at Meadowgate School, said: “The staff and students deserve a treat for all their efforts.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
“We are so grateful for Lorraine’s support with this event and her enthusiasm for the school.”
Meadowgate School is a purpose-built special needs school in Wisbech.
Meadowgate School staff and students shared their Code of Elves Conduct for all to follow this Christmas:
• Treat everyday like Christmas
• There is room for Everybody on the Nice List
• The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loudly for all to hear!