Whittlesey lottery winner puts on Elf Festival for daughter Lotus and her friends at Meadowgate School, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey lottery winner hosted an Elf Festival at her daughter’s special school yesterday (19) to help pupils and staff start their Christmas celebrations in style.
Lorraine Daniels, who won £729,026 with her father in April, put on the event for her daughter Lotus and more than 40 students at Meadowgate School in Wisbech.
“Since Lotus underwent surgery for her extreme epilepsy in 2014 she has baffled all the doctors and specialists who predicted a very limited quality of life,” said Lorraine.
“While she has come on in leaps and bounds since those dark days we have to be very careful how we manage situations such as Christmas because it means a host of new experiences which can be unsettling for Lotus.
“But, just like every family at this time of year, we want to be able to share in the fun and excitement…
“It’s been brilliant seeing the students join in and get so much enjoyment out of the activities, it’s like an early Christmas present.”
Lisa Gill, deputy headteacher at Meadowgate School, said: “The staff and students deserve a treat for all their efforts.
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 9 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 10 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
“We are so grateful for Lorraine’s support with this event and her enthusiasm for the school.”
Meadowgate School is a purpose-built special needs school in Wisbech.
Meadowgate School staff and students shared their Code of Elves Conduct for all to follow this Christmas:
• Treat everyday like Christmas
• There is room for Everybody on the Nice List
• The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loudly for all to hear!