WHITEMOOR PRISON OFFICER CHARGED WITH SUPPLYING DRUGS AND PHONE TO INMATE
A PRISON officer employed at Whitemoor jail in March has been charged with supplying drugs and mobile phones to an inmate over a six month period. Fifty-year-old Yvonne Taylor appeared before Fenland magistrates on Tuesday, when her case was sent for tria
A PRISON officer employed at Whitemoor jail in March has been charged with supplying drugs and mobile phones to an inmate over a six month period.
Fifty-year-old Yvonne Taylor appeared before Fenland magistrates on Tuesday, when her case was sent for trial before Cambridge Crown Court.
Taylor, of The Cottage, Hannath Road, Tydd Gote, is alleged to have supplied the class C drug cannabis to an inmate at the March prison between July 1 last year, and January 16 this year, in contravention of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
The second charge is against Common Law, and alleges: "While acting as a public officer, namely a prison officer, you wilfully misconducted yourself by taking mobile telephones into HMP Whitemoor and supplying an inmate therein with the said mobile telephones, to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public's trust in yourself as the holder of a public office, namely a prison officer."
You may also want to watch:
The second charge is so serious that it can only be dealt with by a judge at a Crown Court, so was immediately transferred.
Fenland magistrates decided that the charges should be heard together. Taylor is due to appear at the Cambridge court for a preliminary hearing on July 15, and Fenland magistrates gave her unconditional bail.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online