Where’s Wally? In Wisbech!
YOUNGSTERS scoured Wisbech to find real-life Where’s Wally? figures about their town.
Fully Booked handed kids a ‘Find Wally in Wisbech’ search list so they could try and locate the red-and-white stripey dressed cartoon character.
When they visited independent retailers such as A Bit of A Do, Prams & Toys and Country Fayre in Hill Street, they then had to search high and low for a six-inch Wally figure somewhere inside.
They were then given a card to verify their find, with youngsters who found all 10 put into a grand prize draw on Saturday (July 28) and the winners picked by Mayor Cllr Vic McRae.
In the end it was Georgina Neve who triumphed for her searching skills, with Holly Chapman second and Cobey Wedge taking third.
You may also want to watch:
All won Where’s Wally books and goodies.
Evisons, Lillymays, The Laptop Shop and The Pet Shop, in Wisbech High Street, as well as Etcetera in York Row and Button Up & Stitch, in Market Street, also took part, with Fully Booked acting as the headquarters.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home