Where is Bracken?
JANET Boyle is calling on readers to help find her much-loved lurcher she believes was stolen by the gang which fled empty handed from some nearby kennels. Mrs Boyle has distributed posters of Bracken around her home in St John s Fen End in the hope of le
JANET Boyle is calling on readers to help find her much-loved lurcher she believes was stolen by the gang which fled empty handed from some nearby kennels.
Mrs Boyle has distributed posters of Bracken around her home in St John's Fen End in the hope of learning something about where he is.
She said: "I went to feed the two dogs and Bracken wasn't there. A 4x4 vehicle had been seen on the track behind the houses and then I realised he had been stolen.
"I am so used to him being there when I come home in the evening it is terrible without him. Something has got to be done in this area because these dogs keep being stolen."
You may also want to watch:
After reading a story in last week's Standard about a gang which targeted lurchers homed by an Outwell couple, she realised the description of the vehicle and the time of the incident coincided with the disappearance of Bracken.
Mrs Boyle, of Dade's Lane, said: "My daughter bred him as a puppy and he is a much-loved family pet. He will be no good to anyone else. He is not the type of dog to go off on his own and I know the only way I will get him back now is if he escapes and runs back home."
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
Margaret and Ken Buck of Outwell were alerted by a neighbour when a gang in a 4x4 vehicle drove over a field to the back of their home and attempted to break into some kennels.
Police have warned owners not to confront the gang but to keep their dogs in a secure environment and to make sure the animals can be easily identified.
INFORMATION: Bracken is a four-year-old sandy coloured, rough coated lurcher with a white stripe under his belly. If you have any information on his whereabouts contact Mrs Boyle. Ring 07766 507816.