When cops venture out onto the A47 they have learnt to expect the unexpected - as they did when they found this load
- Credit: Archant
Cops patrolling the A47 have learnt to expect the unexpected – so it was no surprise when they pulled over this shaky load.
The hapless driver and his load of branches – with ladders perched precariously on the top- were clearly not safe.
Police patrolling the A47 say they had no option but to stop the driver before the load became a threat to other road users.
“Came across this on the A47,” police tweeted. “Driver stopped, load sorted and driver reported.”
The incident on Friday was the second within a fortnight when police stopped an unsafe load on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
Previously they stopped a lorry loaded over with 200 wooden pallets – the driver was even more of a risk since he hadn’t renewed his insurance.
“Vehicle seized,” tweeted the officer from the roads policing unit who had pulled it over.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
Police did not reveal whether the owner of the Iveco lorry has found someone to reclaim it – or what happened to the pallets.
Nor, indeed, did they reveal who unloaded them.