When cops venture out onto the A47 they have learnt to expect the unexpected - as they did when they found this load
- Credit: Archant
Cops patrolling the A47 have learnt to expect the unexpected – so it was no surprise when they pulled over this shaky load.
The hapless driver and his load of branches – with ladders perched precariously on the top- were clearly not safe.
Police patrolling the A47 say they had no option but to stop the driver before the load became a threat to other road users.
“Came across this on the A47,” police tweeted. “Driver stopped, load sorted and driver reported.”
The incident on Friday was the second within a fortnight when police stopped an unsafe load on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
Previously they stopped a lorry loaded over with 200 wooden pallets – the driver was even more of a risk since he hadn’t renewed his insurance.
“Vehicle seized,” tweeted the officer from the roads policing unit who had pulled it over.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
Police did not reveal whether the owner of the Iveco lorry has found someone to reclaim it – or what happened to the pallets.
Nor, indeed, did they reveal who unloaded them.