When cops venture out onto the A47 they have learnt to expect the unexpected - as they did when they found this load
- Credit: Archant
Cops patrolling the A47 have learnt to expect the unexpected – so it was no surprise when they pulled over this shaky load.
The hapless driver and his load of branches – with ladders perched precariously on the top- were clearly not safe.
Police patrolling the A47 say they had no option but to stop the driver before the load became a threat to other road users.
“Came across this on the A47,” police tweeted. “Driver stopped, load sorted and driver reported.”
The incident on Friday was the second within a fortnight when police stopped an unsafe load on the same road.
Previously they stopped a lorry loaded over with 200 wooden pallets – the driver was even more of a risk since he hadn’t renewed his insurance.
“Vehicle seized,” tweeted the officer from the roads policing unit who had pulled it over.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 10 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
Police did not reveal whether the owner of the Iveco lorry has found someone to reclaim it – or what happened to the pallets.
Nor, indeed, did they reveal who unloaded them.