When are the next post workers strikes? This weekend says Fenland union chiefs
POSTAL workers in Fenland and West Norfolk will be taking two more days of strike action in the coming week. The postal workers union today announced all delivery officers and the Peterborough Mail Centre will be on strike from 3am on Friday for 24 hours
POSTAL workers in Fenland and West Norfolk will be taking two more days of strike action in the coming week.
The postal workers union today announced all delivery officers and the Peterborough Mail Centre will be on strike from 3am on Friday for 24 hours and for 24 hours from 3am next Monday.
Further to the industrial action that took place from 29th October to 31st October 2009 the CWU has announced the following dates for further industrial action:
"This will mean that there will be no deliveries of mail in the PE postcode area on either day," said Adrian Oakes, area delivery representative for the Communications Workers' Union.
You may also want to watch:
"The CWU will continue to take part in talks at the TUC, with the aim of reaching an agreement that will allow us to call off the planned industrial action. However the CWU believe that any agreement must protect the future service to the public and members terms and conditions.
"Despite Royal Mails claims of up to 25% of staff working during the latest industrial action, the CWU believe that this figure is false, with staff on annual leave, day off or sick leave being counted as being at work by Royal Mail.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
"The CWU puts the number of members supporting the strike at over 95%.