When are the next post workers strikes? This weekend says Fenland union chiefs
POSTAL workers in Fenland and West Norfolk will be taking two more days of strike action in the coming week. The postal workers union today announced all delivery officers and the Peterborough Mail Centre will be on strike from 3am on Friday for 24 hours
POSTAL workers in Fenland and West Norfolk will be taking two more days of strike action in the coming week.
The postal workers union today announced all delivery officers and the Peterborough Mail Centre will be on strike from 3am on Friday for 24 hours and for 24 hours from 3am next Monday.
Further to the industrial action that took place from 29th October to 31st October 2009 the CWU has announced the following dates for further industrial action:
"This will mean that there will be no deliveries of mail in the PE postcode area on either day," said Adrian Oakes, area delivery representative for the Communications Workers' Union.
You may also want to watch:
"The CWU will continue to take part in talks at the TUC, with the aim of reaching an agreement that will allow us to call off the planned industrial action. However the CWU believe that any agreement must protect the future service to the public and members terms and conditions.
"Despite Royal Mails claims of up to 25% of staff working during the latest industrial action, the CWU believe that this figure is false, with staff on annual leave, day off or sick leave being counted as being at work by Royal Mail.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
"The CWU puts the number of members supporting the strike at over 95%.