Wheelchair appeal launched at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
People are being asked to sponsor a whole or half wheelchair or even just one wheel in an appeal at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at King’s Lynn.
The Wheely Big Appeal aims to raise £24,000 to fund 30 chairs used to transport patients around the hospital.
Featuring IV poles, calf and leg supports and ultra-sturdy footrests, the 30 new wheelchairs would double the number of wheelchairs at the hospital.
They are specially designed to be easy to get in and out of and will benefit patients of all ages and conditions.
Laurence Morlaàs, fund raising executive, said: “Our previous appeal was very successful and made such a big improvement to the experience of patients.
“As some of our older wheelchairs now need replacing as well as there being a growing demand for more by patients and porters, I am hoping that the local community - whether private individuals or businesses - pull together to help us once again.
“No donation is too small and the money raised by members of the public will go a long way to improving the experience of our wheelchair users such as children with broken bones, pregnant women or the elderly.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 3 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Care at Home – because home (truly) is where the heart is…
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
“These wheelchairs will be very useful to all types of patients and assist them in their journey around the hospital. Please help us to provide a wheelchair to every patient who needs one.”
Organisers say the community, individuals, local companies or organisations can sponsor wheelchairs and have their name and logo displayed on the chair.
Sponsorship for a whole chair is £800.
A successful appeal three years ago saw 30 wheelchairs funded in just 10 months.
• Donate to: www.justgiving.com/qehkl-wheelybigappeal.