Wheelchair appeal launched at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
People are being asked to sponsor a whole or half wheelchair or even just one wheel in an appeal at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at King’s Lynn.
The Wheely Big Appeal aims to raise £24,000 to fund 30 chairs used to transport patients around the hospital.
Featuring IV poles, calf and leg supports and ultra-sturdy footrests, the 30 new wheelchairs would double the number of wheelchairs at the hospital.
They are specially designed to be easy to get in and out of and will benefit patients of all ages and conditions.
Laurence Morlaàs, fund raising executive, said: “Our previous appeal was very successful and made such a big improvement to the experience of patients.
“As some of our older wheelchairs now need replacing as well as there being a growing demand for more by patients and porters, I am hoping that the local community - whether private individuals or businesses - pull together to help us once again.
“No donation is too small and the money raised by members of the public will go a long way to improving the experience of our wheelchair users such as children with broken bones, pregnant women or the elderly.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
“These wheelchairs will be very useful to all types of patients and assist them in their journey around the hospital. Please help us to provide a wheelchair to every patient who needs one.”
Organisers say the community, individuals, local companies or organisations can sponsor wheelchairs and have their name and logo displayed on the chair.
Sponsorship for a whole chair is £800.
A successful appeal three years ago saw 30 wheelchairs funded in just 10 months.
• Donate to: www.justgiving.com/qehkl-wheelybigappeal.