What a difference a week makes! Dumped dog Wanda is on the road to recovery
- Credit: Archant
What a difference a week makes for a dumped dog who has gone from severely ill to finding her feet with a foster carer - and more than £8,000 raised in donations for her care.
Seven days ago Wanda the cocker spaniel was living a miserable existence barely able to open her eyes, riddled with sarcopic mange and most of her fur fallen out.
The young dog, who has recently had puppies, has a highly contagious condition which meant she was sore and red raw from itching.
Now, thanks to a public appeal for help, she is on the mend, and more than £8,250 has been raised on a Go Fund Me page alone to fund the vet bill for her treatment.
Extra donations have been given in a bucket collection at Best Friends vets in March who ordered in a special high dose of medication needed to kick start her care after she was taken there last Wednesday (26).
You may also want to watch:
Wanda’s foster carer said: “She has made remarkable progress. Her skin has settled down and the scars are healing well.
“Her eyes are now open. She is a lot more active and her character is starting to come out.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
“When she comes in from outside she goes and sits by her food store!”
Thrown over the fence of a garden in a remote Fenland village last Tuesday, she was discovered late at night when her previous owners abandoned her - then drove off before anybody spotted them.
Wanda has gone from totally neglected to now bathed daily in special treatment lotion.
She has cream applied twice daily, eye drops put in, her ears cleaned and of course given lots of TLC.
Shelley Ridgeon, of Ravenswood Pet Rescue, who collected Wanda after she had been dumped in Tydd St Giles, said: “Thanks so much to the family for taking on this dedicated foster routine for this very special girl.
“Also thank you to every single person who has donated money or given goodies, we have been overwhelmed with support.”