West Street in Wisbech evacuated after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A number of buildings in the West Street area of Wisbech were evacuated last night after a house fire.
Firefighters arrived at 6.24pm to find a fire in a two-storey building that was quickly spreading to the neighbouring premises said Cambs Fire.
Wearing breathing apparatus, two crews from Wisbech extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 9.35pm.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to a house fire by the fire service at 6.35pm last night to West Street, Wisbech.
“No one was inside but adjoining properties on Norfolk Street, West Street and Orange Grove were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
“The roads were reopened at about 10pm.”
Cambs Fire said the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog