West Street in Wisbech evacuated after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A number of buildings in the West Street area of Wisbech were evacuated last night after a house fire.
Firefighters arrived at 6.24pm to find a fire in a two-storey building that was quickly spreading to the neighbouring premises said Cambs Fire.
Wearing breathing apparatus, two crews from Wisbech extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 9.35pm.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to a house fire by the fire service at 6.35pm last night to West Street, Wisbech.
“No one was inside but adjoining properties on Norfolk Street, West Street and Orange Grove were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
“The roads were reopened at about 10pm.”
Cambs Fire said the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden