West Street in Wisbech evacuated after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A number of buildings in the West Street area of Wisbech were evacuated last night after a house fire.
Firefighters arrived at 6.24pm to find a fire in a two-storey building that was quickly spreading to the neighbouring premises said Cambs Fire.
Wearing breathing apparatus, two crews from Wisbech extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 9.35pm.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to a house fire by the fire service at 6.35pm last night to West Street, Wisbech.
“No one was inside but adjoining properties on Norfolk Street, West Street and Orange Grove were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
“The roads were reopened at about 10pm.”
Cambs Fire said the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown