West Street in Wisbech evacuated after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A number of buildings in the West Street area of Wisbech were evacuated last night after a house fire.
Firefighters arrived at 6.24pm to find a fire in a two-storey building that was quickly spreading to the neighbouring premises said Cambs Fire.
Wearing breathing apparatus, two crews from Wisbech extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 9.35pm.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to a house fire by the fire service at 6.35pm last night to West Street, Wisbech.
“No one was inside but adjoining properties on Norfolk Street, West Street and Orange Grove were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
“The roads were reopened at about 10pm.”
Cambs Fire said the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers