West Norfolk: Three arrested after police discover substantial amount of drugs
THREE men were arrested this morning as part of a police operation targeting drug smugglers.Police said they were detained in West Norfolk as substantial amounts of controlled substances were seized.The investigation is believed to be ongoing, with fu
THREE men were arrested this morning as part of a police operation targeting drug smugglers.
Police said they were detained in West Norfolk as "substantial amounts of controlled substances" were seized.
The investigation is believed to be ongoing, with further arrests and seizures likely.
Det Sgt Alice Scott said: "This is yet another example of intelligence led policing against organised crime groups that have a significant impact on our communities.
You may also want to watch:
"Not only do they have the ability to affect financial stability at a local level but the threat of violence and acquisitive crime is also driven by these groups.
"We remain committed to dismantling these groups and along with external partners seek to ensure they will be incapable of regaining a foothold in our community's."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
Police headquarters said no further information could be released about the location where the men were arrested.