West Norfolk: Three arrested after police discover substantial amount of drugs
THREE men were arrested this morning as part of a police operation targeting drug smugglers.Police said they were detained in West Norfolk as substantial amounts of controlled substances were seized.The investigation is believed to be ongoing, with fu
THREE men were arrested this morning as part of a police operation targeting drug smugglers.
Police said they were detained in West Norfolk as "substantial amounts of controlled substances" were seized.
The investigation is believed to be ongoing, with further arrests and seizures likely.
Det Sgt Alice Scott said: "This is yet another example of intelligence led policing against organised crime groups that have a significant impact on our communities.
You may also want to watch:
"Not only do they have the ability to affect financial stability at a local level but the threat of violence and acquisitive crime is also driven by these groups.
"We remain committed to dismantling these groups and along with external partners seek to ensure they will be incapable of regaining a foothold in our community's."
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 4 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 7 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 10 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
Police headquarters said no further information could be released about the location where the men were arrested.